Touted as Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, these cookies live up to their name. They stay so soft and chewy for days. Browned butter here makes all the difference, creating a toffee-like depth that makes your taste buds oh-so-happy.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who’s on board for baking (eating) the perfect chocolate chip cookies? Around here, we never turn down buttery, richly flavorful chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are just that and more.
Recently, I serendipitously found these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies among my Cook’s Illustrated collection. And of course the recipe was put to the test because somebody has to make the sacrifice of trying all the chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Verdict: these really are Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m genuinely into every single chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s worthy of being published here, including these crazy-good cookie bars. None of us can pick just one favorite, though we keep taste testing, just to make sure.
That said, there’s something noticeably special about these Cook’s Illustrated chocolate chip cookies – the browned butter piece is key to this recipe, as it’s all about that nutty-caramel flavor of browned butter in this particular chocolate chip cookie recipe. We kept as close to the original recipe as possible; after making them countless times, we’ve made adaptions to streamline the process without affecting outcome.
Once you taste the amazing combination of rich browned butter and dark brown sugar, chances are extremely high you’ll agree these are the perfect chocolate chip cookies.
The best chocolate chip cookies are chewy, buttery, and worth every single bite
These cookies are everything – they’re rich and complex, with deep flavors of chocolate, butter, and toffee notes. Plus a wonderfully soft, ultra-chewy texture that stays that way for days.
You can make a big batch, share with friends, and know your cookies will stay fresh and chewy until they’re devoured. For that reason, these cookies are great for shipping to loved ones.
Or you can keep some in the freezer for cookie emergencies, because sometimes people come over and other times you just need some darned good cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies freeze beautifully
This chocolate chip cookie dough can be frozen airtight for up to 2 months. The baked cookie themselves can be frozen airtight for 2 weeks. Possibly longer, but we’ve never been able to keep cookies around very long because… well, cookie emergencies.
Just say yes ↑↑↑ 😋
Try these 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies:
Crazy for Cookies:
- Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies: No need to choose between brownies and cookies, because these are the absolute best of both worlds baked into one.
- Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies – for all our dark chocolate fans, just stop here and make these cookies now.
- Gluten-Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – every time I share these cookies with people, nobody even suspects they’re actually gluten free.
- Almond Blossoms Kiss Cookies – we all knew peanut butter blossoms were great, but these almond blossoms are a mouthwatering twist your people will love.
- Chewy Monster Cookies – whether it’s a cookie exchange, potluck, or party, these monster cookies are always a hit. The colors, flavors, and texture make these cookies totally satisfying.