I could rave endlessly about these uber Chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies. Around our family and friends, these cookies have become a little bit famous. Much admiration exists for these chocolatey, chewy, luscious cookies.
But rather than raving on and on because these cookies are THAT much yum, I’ll keep it short and sweet.
Wonderfully, decadently sweet for all the chocolate and cookie lovers out there.
So you can go and bake these cookies pronto.
I will say that it’s important to follow the instructions for this triple chocolate cookie recipe, since there is a precise science behind why they turn out so nice and chewy.
Not cakey nor dry. Simply chewy and toothsome. Deep, rich chocolatey bliss.
These cookies are aptly named, as they are indeed thick and chewy, thanks to the brown sugar and melted chocolate within the batter.
I made a big happy batch of these triple chocolate cookies and brought them along for a road trip during the long weekend.
The cookies stayed chewy for days, were a highlight during are we there yet pick-me-ups, and will absolutely remain in my favorite cookie files forever.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Thick and Chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 16 oz good quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 10 TB salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ⅓l cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, or a mixture of both
- In a bowl, whisk the four, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 2 minutes and stir well. If needed, repeat 1 more minute. (Alternatively melt chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until melted.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Sprinkle coffee powder to dissolve. Set Aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars at medium until combined, 1 minute. Mixture may be gritty. Decrease to low speed, add egg mixture, and mix to incorporate, 1 min.
- Add melted chocolate in a steady stream, mixing until combined, 1 minute, scraping down bowl and beater as needed.
- With mixer still on low, add dry ingredients gradually and gently mix just until combined, without over beating.
- With rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge at least 1 hour or until scoop-able.
- Adjust oven to lower middle position, at 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- divide dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Set balls on lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten dough balls.
- Bake just until edges are begun to set but centers are still very soft, 8-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to wire rack and cool to room temp.
- Store in airtight container at room temp.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from America’s Test Kitchen cookbook
If mint chocolate chip makes you tick, you’ll swoon over these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies that are SO chewy, chocolatey, and minty.
We’ve been firing up our marshmallows this summer. But how about making S’mores into Cookie Bars? Bite into these Chewy S’mores Cookie Bars, and fall in love.
Here’s a favorite, super easy all-chocolate cookie for all us chocolate fanatics. Double Chocolate Cookies with M&M’s 🙂