Easy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate
I’ve been ogling flourless peanut butter cookies forever. The thought of a cookie with super concentrated peanut butter flavor, without the flour… totally dreamy.
I finally got around to trying these flourless peanut butter cookies, and they are out of this world. Super peanut buttery. Undeniably delicious. Chewy soft. Thick and full of flavor. I added milk chocolate chips, so that the cookie is reminiscent of my favorite Reese’s peanut butter cups (guess which candies I hijack out of the halloween stash each year?)
We use peanut butter in both sweet and savory creations. Everything from Peanut Sesame Noodles with Sriracha to Peanut Butter Cereal Bars, to these hugely amazing Homemade Nutter Butters. Yep, peanut butter somehow makes its way into everything – breakfasts, dinners, and desserts.
As much as I personally adore my Sun Butter, I still have to keep a big stash of peanut butter within reach and not just for the kids. Because you never know when a spoonful of it will be very, very strongly desired. Obviously not nut-free, peanut butter is naturally gluten-free. Just to be on the safe side, check for certified gluten-free labeling on your ingredients.
- Creamy peanut butter – my favorite is Skippy Naturals. Use any creamy peanut butter, as long as it’s not the natural kind where oil separates.
- Dark brown sugar – richer and deeper in flavor than light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar – just another word for plain white sugar
- Baking soda – if needed, look for gluten free label
- Real milk chocolate chips – because we’re going for the peanut butter cups flavor, remember? Feel free to use semi-sweet or dark chocolate, if preferred.
How to Store or Freeze cookies
These flourless peanut butter chocolate cookies are absolutely scrumptious the first day they’re baked. They’ll happily remain chewy-soft for a couple of days after that, if you take care to wrap them airtight at room temp.
The dough can be frozen airtight for a week or two, but don’t go much longer than that, as peanut butter can lose moisture and become a bit crumbly if frozen too long. You can also wrap baked cookies airtight and freeze for up to several weeks. But seriously – is it realistic to think these cookies would sit around that long? Unlikely.
Get yourself a tall glass of milk or even a cup of joe, and enjoy these wonderfully peanut buttery + chocolatey cookies.
More Cookies to Bake and Eat
- How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bakery Style
- Brown Sugar Cookies, Soft and Chewy
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Also Try these 3-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups real milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except for chocolate chips in stand mixer or a large bowl. On medium speed, mix ingredients just until fully incorporated. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form heaping 1 tablespoon-sized dough balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten them slightly, but keep them 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 minutes. They should seem slightly under baked; they'll set up nicely as they cool.
- Let cool a few minutes on pan, carefully transfer to wire rack, and finish cooling.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram