This Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies Recipe yields supremely chewy, fudgey, perfectly balanced brownies. These dark chocolate brownies are an instant hit everywhere they go. You’ll want them in your dessert file forever.
Note: Clarkson Potter is partnering with me for a stunning giveaway in today’s post!
My middle little and I are going [mostly] sugarless this month as sort of an experiment. We’ve done 100% sugarless months in the past, but this time we’re paying special attention to how sugar and some other foods affect our mood and focus.
Our unscientific food study was initiated by my son’s allergist – thanks, Doc. There are a few items my kiddo has to avoid this month, so I raised my hand to support him by doing this elimination thing together. It’s way easier to struggle as a team. If you’re following along, I’ll let you know how it all goes down in about three more weeks.
In the meantime, I’ve had a minor setback and baked Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies. Please tell me I’m not the only one who accidentally bakes brownies in the middle of a sugarless experiment.
What’s a girl to do when she gets a shiny new copy of Giada’s Italy on her doorstep and a certain Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies recipe jumps out of the brightly colorful pages?
These chewy brownies roared my name…
To be fair, I only set myself back one square of chewy brownies. I shared the rest with some very good friends who really like me right now.
One [very big] bite of luscious, fudgey brownies was all it took for me to know these salted dark chocolate brownies are going straight into my keeper-files.
Here’s why these chewy, fudgey salted dark chocolate brownies disappeared in a nanosecond:
- Chewy and fudgey. No other explanation needed there.
- These brownies are über chocolatey and rich, which is the only reason anyone eats brownies
- These brownies are crazy-easy to make. They might be the easiest homemade brownies I’ve ever made.
- The sea salt is a stunning balance for the sweetness. Not overly sweet — simply perfect.
- Your people will really really like you for making these brownies
Here’s to making room for minor setbacks once in awhile 😉
P.S. We’ve got an amazing giveaway for you this month; details below!
You might want this recipe, too:Print
This Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies Recipe yields a supremely chewy, fudgey, perfectly balanced pan of brownies. These dark chocolate brownies are an instant hit everywhere they go. You’ll want them in your dessert file forever.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt
- coarse turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Generously spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter in microwave in 20 second increments until just melted. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla, stirring to combine well. Whisk in eggs, stirring until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Use rubber spatula to fold flour mixture with butter mixture until just a few streaks of dry ingredients remain. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer batter evenly into greased baking dish, ensuring edges are filled evenly. Bake 28 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle a light layer of turbinado sugar evenly on top, followed by a generous pinch of flaky sea salt evenly distributed on top. Let cool completely in pan before cutting into squares. Serve at moderate room temp.
Recipe(s) slightly adapted from Giada’s Italy © 2018 by Giada De Laurentiis. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.
In Giada’s original recipe, she suggests whisking the eggs in one at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. She also sprinkles the sea salt and coarse sugar on top prior to baking, but I enjoyed it best when sprinkled on top immediately after.
****** Enter the GIVEAWAY below ******
Get your own hardcopy of Giada’s beautiful new cookbook, Giada’s Italy, PLUS a $50 Visa gift card!
America knows and loves Giada De Laurentiis for her lighter, healthier takes on classic Italian fare. Here, she shares recipes for authentic Italian dishes while infusing them with her signature fresh flavors.
This gorgeous cookbook is absolutely bright, colorful, and loaded with new recipes you’ll be proud to cook at home.
BONUS: Winner of Giveaway will receive Giada’s newest cookbook + a $50 VISA Gift Card to use however you want.
You’ve got 4 separate chances to win. Each verified comment is a separate entry:
Open to U.S. addresses. First and last name, with valid email address are required to enter. Giveaway ends May 31, 2018 at midnight, central time. One winner with valid entry will be chosen via randomly generated number, out of all of the qualified entries submitted.