I promised a week of healthy, light, and yummy recipes to balance out this notoriously glucose-loading week. 🎃
Since I’m not quite at the point where I can (or want to) deny all the chocolate, I’m fighting back with lean clean meals.
Like I said right here, I’m not sure how helpful that’ll end up being when all’s said and done. How many salads will offset twenty Reese’s PB Cups? Whatevs, I’m still gonna try.
Especially if we’re talking Sashimi Poke. If you’ve never met Poke, introductions are in order…
First, the word Poke looks like it’s something you’d do to your little brother’s back with a stick. Or maybe that’s just how it works in my family. [I’ve got three boys.]
Poke is a popular appetizer you’ll see everywhere in Hawaii, from famous hole-in-the-wall joints to potluck parties. Poke can be pronounced two ways, depending on which Hawaiian guy/gal you’re talking to…either Po-Kee or Po-Kay.
It doesn’t really matter how you say it. Unless you’re in Hawaii and get the local giggle because you said it wrong. Just smile and eat.
Sashimi Poke is my personal favorite version, not just ’cause I made it up, but I’m an incurable sashimi fanatic. Get the best ahi, salmon, yellowtail, and whatever else fish you crave. Super white tuna is top notch; whenever it’s available, I snatch it up. Toss all that goodness with a few seasonings. No cooking needed. 😋
Here’s to the best of two wonderful worlds.
Sashimi + Poke = Awesome. 😎
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
- 1 lb mix of sashimi-grade fish, ahi, salmon, yellowtail, etc.
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 1 rounded TB white sugar
- 2 TB Furikake rice seasoning, I use Seto Fumi
- ½ - 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Juice from 1 thick wedge of a fresh lime, not bottled kind
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Toss to coat well. Cover tightly and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
- Serve with short grain rice, for best pairing. Typically white short grain is used, but brown rice is a healthy option.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here’s why we’re seafood fanatics. Check it out:
- White Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce. Tender, flaky white fish in a deliciously lemony sauce.
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce. Toss it over a plate of rice, and watch it disappear.
- 15-Minute Spicy Asian Grilled Shrimp. Just 15 minutes for this. Really.