Juicy Turkey Meatloaf
A few days ago, I realized it had been a long time since we’ve served up meatloaf for dinner. When done right, it’s a mouthwatering dinner for any busy night.
My go-to meatloaf is usually this delicious, twisty Teriyaki Meatloaf. It’s wonderfully savory and sweet and The Littles devour it every time.
For a fail-proof, awesome sauce classic meatloaf, this guy is our hands down winner.
But this time I wanted turkey meatloaf. And smothery BBQ sauce. So this happened…
Tender and Robust in Flavor
This BBQ Turkey Meatloaf is incredibly tender, juicy, and robust with flavor.
It turns out so tender, you have to be gentle when slicing so the slices stay in one piece. But really, nobody will complain about how tender your turkey meatloaf is.
Replace some of the ketchup with BBQ sauce for a luscious, sweet, savory, and tangy flavor that melds perfectly into the meatloaf.
This is easy peasy. Just combine all ingredients like so:
Give it all a good stir to combine well.
Shape it up into a nice rectangular loaf in a large baking dish. I highly suggest free forming it in a large baking dish, rather than using a bread pan.
That way, the meatloaf doesn’t sit smothered in its fat the entire time. Eww. Rather, it gets nicely browned on all sides. Yum.
You probably already have the ingredients on hand to make it saucy BBQ Turkey Meatloaf night.
Just a few ingredients, a stir, and shape to bake. Quick, easy, and 100% scrumptious.
The best kind of weeknight meal. Enjoy!
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil on medium high. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the BBQ/ketchup sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the onion/garlic mixture. Stir well to fully incorporate.
- In a large baking pan (I use a 9×13) use your hands to form meatloaf into a rectangle, about 8×4 inches. Reserve 2 TB of BBQ/ketchup sauce on the side. Brush remaining sauce on top and all around the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Let sit at room temp for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved 2 TB sauce on top. Garnish with parsley if desired. Gently slice and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
Here are my other two favorite meatloaf recipes and sides to go with!
Classic, Juicy Meatloaf. This delicious comfort dish comes out super tender and juicy every time.
Teriyaki Meatloaf. It’s different, yeah, but soooo yummy! Easy to boot. Try this super flavorful meatloaf over fluffy rice.
Onion Parmesan Potatoes. This is the perfect side dish for meatloaf and pretty much any other meal.
Garlic Butter Herb Potatoes. Again, the perfect side dish for pretty much any comfort meal. Delish!