If you’ve ever even thought about how to roast vegetables, we’ve got a super spectacular treat for you today. I’m not exaggerating one smidgen.
After growing up on my mama’s Chinese lo mein with vegetables and all her other delicious sautéed veggies, I’ve never stopped loving plant food. This is probably due in part to the fact that we’re not shy about seasoning our veggies just right.
There’s no place for blandness in the magical world of colorful vegetables.
These days, we get our daily veggie fix with super delish recipes like Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut or this ever-amazing Crispy Asian Ramen Salad that’s approximately 300x better than anything I can get from a restaurant.
Roasting vegetables and potatoes is one of the easiest, tastiest, most beautiful ways to get your healthy fuel. My previous assumption that roasted vegetables were complicated was totally wrong. Once you see how easy it is to make the best easy roasted vegetables, this may be the only way you do it for possibly ever.
How to make the best easy roasted vegetables:
First off, gather all your favorites together. I love the lusciousness of zucchini and sweet peppers.
Mushrooms and butternut squash are usually included as well. For extra healthy fuel, I almost always add sweet potatoes and baby red potatoes to the mix.
Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and other seasonal squashes would work beautifully as well.
Get some really good balsamic vinegar. For real, the flavor of your balsamic vinegar makes a big difference here.
Get your hands on a richly flavorful, good quality balsamic to combine with that extra virgin olive oil. We’ll throw plenty of aromatic seasonings such as fresh oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme.
If you’ve got yourself a little herb garden, you’re all set. If you’re like me and have to buy the fresh herbs, know that it is well worth it because you’ll be making these roasted vegetables again and again. I made these roasted vegetables 3x in one week. Trust me, they go fast.
Roast all that crazy goodness in the oven for about half an hour and you’ve got yourself the Best Easy Roasted Vegetables your people have ever craved. Happy roasting.
Best Easy Roasted Vegetables Recipe
This is really the Best Easy Roasted Vegetables recipe you’ll ever roast and eat. It comes together in a snap, is vibrantly colorful, and supremely delicious.
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup red, orange, or yellow sweet bell peppers, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mushrooms, whole or halved if they’re large
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1 TB freshly chopped oregano
- 1 TB freshly chopped basil
- 1 TB fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TB freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F with rack on middle position. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables and potatoes. Add all the fresh herbs, seasonings, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss well to coat completely. Arrange mixture evenly in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Roast 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until veggies/potatoes are cooked and nicely browned.
Mixture can be pre-cut, seasoned, and kept in airtight container the day before cooking. Great for prep-ahead dish!
It helps if all your veggies are cut to roughly the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Category: side, vegetable
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
Feeding The Soul:
Vegetable Recipes You’ll actually crave: