This is our favorite tried-and-true Zucchini Bread Recipe that’s guaranteed to be tender, moist, and flavorful. Perfect for breakfast, this zucchini bread can be made the night before.
The best Zucchini Bread
Last year, we thought we’d up our game by planting two baby zucchini plants in our little garden. We were shocked when our two humble plants rapidly morphed into unstoppable zucchini growing machines that took over the entire garden. Our largest squash was half the size of a 4th grader and well beyond eating. We’re clearly not farmers.
Nobody complained about the mountain of zucchini bread recipes we tested that summer.. After we were up to our necks in zucchini bread, one consistently emerged as everyone’s favorite zucchini bread in all the universe.
This winning zucchini bread yields an ultra moist crumb and incredible flavor. With just 10 ingredients and plenty of fresh zucchini, it’s not only easy but makes smart use of fresh summer squash. Even the pickiest of kids will be inhaling your fresh zucchini bread.
How to make amazingly Moist zucchini bread
- We use plenty of fresh zucchini; about 3 medium-small zucchini.
- Using a fine grater, grate the fresh zucchini and press out all excess moisture so the texture comes out perfectly
- Use melted coconut oil, which helps the bread come out moist and soft
- Two teaspoons of ground cinnamon provide an amazing aroma
- Use an equal amount of baking soda and baking powder, resulting in an extra-tender crumb with nice rise
- Pure vanilla extract imparts a wonderful aroma to zucchini bread
- A half teaspoon of salt gives so much flavor to any quick bread
What You’ll Like About this zucchini bread recipe:
- You get to use 3 whole zucchinis in one loaf of bread
- Nobody minds that there’s veggies in their breakfast, as they reach for seconds
- Even kids love this zucchini bread. Tried and true.
- This zucchini bread can be completely made the night before and served the next morning
- It’s ultra tender, moist, and flavorful
- It uses coconut oil and less sugar than most zucchini bread recipes
- Leftovers (if you’re lucky to have any) taste amazing
- This zucchini bread freezes incredibly well
Zucchini Bread Q & A
Q: When making zucchini bread, do you have to remove the zucchini seeds?
A: Happily, you do not have to remove any seeds. Once you finely shred the fresh zucchini, it “melts” right into the baked bread.
Q: Why does my zucchini bread fall in the middle after cooling?
A: This can be due to under-baking, or it may have to do with mixing the ingredients too quickly/vigorously during the batter stage. Try mixing more gently, using rubber spatula to fold wet/dry ingredients without over-mixing.
Q: Why does my zucchini bread come out dry?
A: This is usually due to either not measuring ingredients carefully or over-baking the bread. Be sure to bake fully, until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out with a few tender crumbs attached.
Q: Why did my zucchini bread not rise well?
A: A common culprit is baking soda and baking powder that has been sitting in the pantry too long. Be sure yours are fresh.
Q: Is zucchini bread healthy?
A: It’s easy to make zucchini bread healthier than most other sweet treats. Our zucchini bread is healthyish, utilizing less sugar than many recipes, and using coconut oil instead of butter. We use 3 whole, fresh zucchinis per loaf. You can also sub out half of the white flour for whole wheat.
Other Quick Bread Recipes To Make:
- Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Oil Bread
- Moist Lemon Zucchini Bread
- One-Bowl Zucchini Carrot Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- One-Bowl Healthy Banana Bread