Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies
Hope you all had a fabulous Labor Day today 🙂 We more or less lived up to our family goal of making the most of this long weekend, and now we’re all happily exhausted. Tomorrow is the big day. I may not be ready for the first day of school, but my pantry is. Lunch boxes are packed and ready to go. Backpacks and new sneakers are sitting by the door. With that, I’ll keep this post short and sweet. How do Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies sound?
This is definitely a sweet post. In fact, it’s my new 5-star cookie recipe. These cookies are fun and a little bit whimsical, given the cookies within cookies. But everything about these Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies is serious stuff. Not to be taken lightly, these cookies taste phenomenal and are dangerously addictive; that’s why I always share them whenever I make them. And people are more than happy to help me inhale them 🙂
These Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies are super chocolatey. They might be one of the most chocolatey cookies I’ve come across, ever. They are just the right amount of sweet, slightly salty, slightly crunchy, and extremely chewy! The brown sugar gives these cookies a nice density and softness that lasts on and on. The white chocolate addition is pretty and provides a wonderfully creamy texture.
If you love crunchy Oreos and chewy chocolate chip cookies… well, this is their mouthwatering offspring. How can Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies not be good? They are every bit as delectable as they look and sound. I don’t think words can do these babies justice. You have to taste these to believe how scrumptious they are.
I mean, seriously. Just seeing and writing about these Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies are making me so hungry, I can smell them as if they were baking in my oven right now. Thankfully, these guys are super easy to whip up and they stay wonderfully chewy and soft for days. Go ahead. Make your day.
Cookies 'n Cream Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter, softened (not melty)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- 12 Oreo cookies, roughly broken up (or any brand chocolate sandwich cookies)
- ½ cup real white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using paddle attachment of stand mixer (or hand mixer), mix butter and sugar until fluffy and fully combined. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Gently fold butter mixture and flour mixture together, using rubber spatula. When dough is fully combined, gently fold in broken cookie pieces and white/chocolate chips. If needed, chill until dough can be easily shaped.
- Form walnut sized balls out of dough, flatten slightly (these don't spread too much), and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges look done. Centers will still seem underdone, but they set up nicely upon cooling. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer on wire rack to complete cooling.
- Store in airtight container.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram