Cookies have an uncanny way of making everything a little better. Cookies are what we bring for the dessert portion of meals we drop off for friends. Cookies are famous for breaking the ice in any social gathering. Cookies are what we bring to neighbors, just because. And cookies are what we share when one of us needs a little lift. Chewy mint chocolate chip cookies are the perfect lift-me-upper.
These Andes mint cookies are soft, chewy, and chock full of heavenly Andes mint chips. The cookies are infused with peppermint extract, which add a delicious minty bite to them. A bit of cocoa powder in the dough provides a richer chocolate taste, and mini chocolate chips offer a melty chocolate sensation.
You won’t be sorry you made these; go enjoy!Print
Andes Mint Cookies
Andes mint chocolate chip cookies are doubly chocolatey, refreshingly minty, and stay soft and chewy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: 48 1x
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, just softened (not melty at all)
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 2/3 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 tsp real cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 (10 oz) package Andes mint chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini ones melt better)
- Place sugars, eggs, and peppermint extract in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on med-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4-5 min. Add eggs in one at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine well.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet batter. Gently add in mint chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Dough may be sticky.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position.
- Form walnut-sized dough balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cookies may seem underdone, but will set nicely upon cooling.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Andes mint cookies, mint cookies, chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
In case you missed these delicious bites, here is the epitome of a cookie that melts in your mouth:
And these fluffy, peanut butter cookie bombs are for all us peanut butter addicts: