Deep, rich, fudge-y chocolate cookies.
Cookies that are a hybrid of rich brownies and chewy chocolate cookies.
Fluffy, soft, sweet peanut butter filling. Snuggled between aforementioned brownie cookies.
If you weren’t hungry before, you might be now.
These fudgy chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies are knockout winners. It’s the kind of stuff kids fight over, and adults try to snatch-and-stash.
The result was a deliciously toothsome chocolate sandwich cookie that is essentially a chocolate-peanut-butter bomb.
This indulgent sandwich cookie is chewy – not cakey – and should stay soft for days in an airtight container.
That’s my guess, anyways, because our batch of these cookies lasted less than 48 hours. Including my snatch-and-stash collection.
These fudgy chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies are the perfect little gift for upcoming holidays.
They’re awesome to treat your peeps to after school/work, or as a smile-inducing weekend treat.
These are destined to be the shining star of any cookie exchange they make an appearance at.
Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
For the Cookies:
For the Filling:
- 1 cup salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TB whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- In another large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until it's as fluffy as it can get, scraping sides down periodically; about 3-4 minutes. Add beaten eggs and beat just to combine.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until batter is completely moistened. Fold in milk chocolate chips.
- Wrap and chill dough until firm enough to handle, about 30 min to 1 hour.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly, as these tend not to spread too much. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes. They'll seem a bit underdone, but will set up nicely when cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Beat together the butter and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until filling is smooth. Add 1 TB milk at a time, until desired consistency. Gently fill cooled cookies with desired amount.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud