Peanut butter kiss cookies (peanut butter blossoms) are a delicious classic
These last few years, we’ve gone nutty over peanut butter. Our pantry is sure to be well stocked with PB galore. I could operate a peanut butter stand. We’ve got all-natural PB, creamy PB, chunky PB, extra-chunky PB, and honey PB. What’ll you have?
Not to mention, peanut butter makes amazing gluten-free cookies. It’s great to be able to bake up chewy cookies that are gluten-free for my friends who would otherwise be denied their share. I’ve made these always-a-hit Flourless Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, which gets devoured down to the last crumb. And these Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, which I unabashedly serve as breakfast cookies.
When I wanted cookies highly worthy of popping your mouth at social gatherings, out came these Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, often referred to as Peanut Butter Blossoms…
Peanut Butter Blossoms need Only 7 ingredients
These cute little cookies are totally, highly, and fully addictive. They can be made bigger or smaller, but smaller ones are super cute. Kids and grown-ups snatch these up on any cookie tray. In fact, they’re often the first ones to go. They simply appear pop-in-your-mouth delectable. And they are.
These are especially handy if you happen to buy Hershey’s Kisses and other such chocolates on sale when shopping for milk at Target. I know things. While you’re at it, you’ll need the following list of ingredients (most of which you likely already have in your pantry.)
- creamy peanut butter – the best kind to use here is just plain regular creamy PB. To ensure the texture comes out right, skip the kind that needs to be stirred.
- granulated sugar
- fresh light brown sugar (it’s important to make sure your brown sugar is fresh and hasn’t lost any of its moisture from sitting in the pantry too long.)
- large egg
- table salt
- pure vanilla extract
- Hershey’s Kisses
With these flourless peanut butter kiss cookies, we happily get our chocolate fix, chewy cookie fix, and a happy dose of protein. Healthy-ish?
Peanut butter kiss cookies freeze beautifully
Oh, and of course my favorite part about these cookies — the dough freezes beautifully. You can always count on my freezer having some kind of cookie dough ready to bake. Cookie emergencies pop up often around here. I love being able to serve up freshly baked cookies within a moment’s notice.
Here’s to creating chocolatey, protein packed, and sweet moments.
You may want a batch of these as well:
Flourless Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (GF)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the Kisses. Stir to combine well. Press dough together into a ball, wrap tightly, and chill in fridge 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar to coat. Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Lightly depress each dough ball (they won't spread much in the oven.)
- Bake 7 minutes or until lightly golden but still very soft. Do not overbake. Once removed from oven, gently press a Kiss into the center of each warm cookie. Cool about a minute on cookie sheet, and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- *Keep cookies in airtight container at room temp to preserve softness.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Here are those now-famous Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies; amazing chewyiness and flavor.
These are the breakfast-worthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies that happen to be flour-free as well.