If you love breakfast and adore dessert, then you will go nuts for this Nutella Bread Pudding. It comes together quickly and doesn’t need a lengthy soak time. Qualifies as both dessert and breakfast! This is sure to become a family favorite that you’ll come back to over and over again!
I totally jumped on the Nutella band wagon late. Guess you could call me a Nutella Late Bloomer. For years, I just didn’t feel the need to toss That Jar in my shopping cart, despite my kids’ oh-so-deperate pleas.
I knew once I let Nutella into my pantry, I’d be a chocolate-hazelnut-spreading addict. I held out as long as I could. Considering all the blogosphere rave these past couple of years, I think I did very well in holding out this long.
Then I saw this Nutella Bread Pudding and I was a goner. I’m already a sucker for bread puddings…because they qualify as both dessert and breakfast in my book. Plus, this Nutella Bread Pudding uses one of my all-time favorite breakfast items…croissants. No turning back…
You can almost taste it. I can’t be trusted with a batch of this sitting around. I have to share, and it doesn’t take much convincing for everyone else to dig in.
Who amongst us can resist? Not only is this bread pudding piled mile-high with flaky croissants, it’s smothered with the chocolate-hazelnut indulgence of Nutella. Soaked with a tantalizing custard, baked to a golden perfection.
And if I were still teetering on whether or not to dive into the kitchen and make this decadent bread pudding, then here’s the clincher: Easy. This Nutella Bread Pudding is ridiculously easy to toss together. Yeah, that pretty much seals the deal.
Buttery, luscious Nutella Bread Pudding, with the perfect balance of sweetness. Soft, tender, custard-soaked goodness rests underneath a topping that’s golden crisp.
If you’re so inclined, sprinkle the top with some mini chocolate chips and toasted nuts for extra flavor and texture.
This Nutella Bread Pudding will totally flip your pancake (to the curb.) Sorry, Beloved Pancakes, but this bread pudding rocks!
*** GIVEAWAY *** It’s my birthday next week, and I’m celebrating with you guys by offering this cool giveaway…
Win a free gift card for $43 to spend on anything you want at Catching Fireflies! ($43 odd bucks, because it’s fun & whimsical.) Spend your gift card on creative gifts, kitchen gadgets, inspirational home decor, or anything else!
BONUS: All my awesome readers get a 20% discount off any purchase made now through the end of this month, using the promo code “CHEW” at Catching Fireflies. 🙂
* Your 7 chances to enter the giveaway (be sure to leave a brand new comment for every action completed):
1. Leave a comment about one thing you’d like at Catching Fireflies.
2. Follow Catching Fireflies on Facebook; leave a separate comment that you did.
3. Like Chew Out Loud on Facebook; leave a separate comment that you liked.
4. Follow Chew Out Loud on Twitter; leave a separate comment that you followed.
5. Follow Chew Out Loud on Pinterest; leave a separate comment that you followed.
6. Follow Chew Out Loud on Instagram; leave a separate comment that you followed.
7. Subscribe to COL via email; leave a separate comment that you subscribed.
That’s it! Couldn’t be easier. Each comment is a separate entry, and only qualified entries will be chosen to win.Open to U.S. addresses. First and last name, with valid email address are required to enter. Giveaway ends ten days from date of this post at midnight, central time. One winner will be chosen via randomly generated number, out of all of the qualified entries submitted. Winner will be contacted via email and/or announced on this post. Winner will have 72 hours to respond. Thereafter, an alternate winner will be notified. May the odds be ever in your favor.
This Nutella Bread Pudding wins everyone over! Serve with fruits for breakfast/brunch, or with ice cream for dessert. Nobody ever complains, no matter what time of day. Super easy, decadent, and perfect. You won’t regret it. (This one’s not recommended for overnight soaking.)
- 3 large, flaky croissants (preferably 1–2 days old)
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Optional Toppings: Chopped pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter or grease a small baking dish, such as a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise and spread one side with Nutella. Place halves back together to make “Nutella sandwiches.” Cut each filled croissant into 2-inch pieces.
- Place sandwich pieces into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar, whisking to combine well.
- Pour custard over the croissant sandwich pieces, gently pushing bread down so every piece is soaked with custard. Allow custard to sit and absorb for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10-15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown and bread has risen/puffed up. Liquid should appear completely absorbed.
- Let sit to cool about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with berries for brunch, or ice cream for dessert.
- *Recipe makes enough for 2-4 people, so double it if you want to feed more people.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Inspired Taste