These One Bowl Nutella Cookies are so easy, you can memorize the recipe. Just 6 ingredients and one bowl is all you need. Perfect for an amazing last-minute treat.
I just finished talking about how great it is to have easy recipes you can commit to memory. Recipes that present no need to sweat over a broken iPad that no longer beautifully displays written recipes.
There aren’t many cookie recipes I can recite completely from memory, without taking a little peek at the quarter and half teaspoons of x, y, and z.
These One Bowl Nutella Cookies are one of the few goodies you almost don’t need a written recipe for. They taste like you spent way more time on them than you did.
Because you’ll hardly spend any time or effort on them at all.
Which can be good or bad… but mostly great…
If you like Nutella – and who doesn’t – you’ll fall head over heels for these cookies. Not only are they fabulously easy (one-bowl love) but they’re fudgy and chocolatey, and ridiculously delish.
These cookies taste like…Nutella in a cookie. Chewy, soft, and heady with creamy hazelnut.
I loaded mine up with chocolate/white chocolate swirl morsels, but you can use whatever chocolate morsels you’d like. Or you can use none at all, but they’re decidedly better with.
A light sprinkle of sea salt on top gives them that extra flavor boost and oomph.
I made several batches, varying the dough temp, oven temp, bake time, etc. and all of the cookies turned out more on the thin rather than thick side. Meaning they’ll spread during baking, so you won’t get a 2-inch tall cookie with these. Didn’t matter to the many people devouring them.
These cookies are super chewy and fudgy in the middle and crispy on the edges. Revisit photo #1.
Sigh and swoon. Dreamy with a glass of milk or mug of coffee.
These Nutella Cookies are deliciously heady with hazelnut flavor! Chewy in the centers and crispy at the edges, they are a dream come true for all Nutella fans in the world. I’ve used knock off brands in place of “real Nutella,” and the results do differ; stick with the real stuff.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup real Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any flavor)
- Optional: coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add Nutella and egg, folding together with rubber spatula just until the dry and wet ingredients are combined. Fold in chocolate chips (I use clean hands for ease.) Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill dough in fridge at least 1 hour (I let mine chill overnight.)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Form cold dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes. Cookies will seem under-baked in the middle, but they will set upon cooling. While still warm, sprinkle very lightly with sea salt, if desired. Let cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temp.
- (Note: If your cookies spread a lot during baking, you can use a spatula to gently coax the edges back towards the center upon removing from oven.)
Source: Chew Out Loud, inspired by Kirbie’s Cravings
Here are a few of our family and friends’ favorite fail proof cookies:
1. Super Soft Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. These are my go to cookies whenever I want foolproof treats for adults and kids alike! Get ready for all the recipe requests!
- Double Chocolate Chewy M&M Cookies. These cookies are chewy soft and always a crowd pleaser. Stays chewy and soft for days.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies. If you like Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, you’ll adore this fantastic combo! Chewy, soft, decadent indulgence!
- This isn’t a cookie but Nutella is a star in this Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding. Easy and scrumptious!
We’d love to have you follow us on Pinterest, where we pin the best finds!
Hang with us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes food prep and meal ideas.