‘Tis the season of all things finger-food and dip. And appetizer and snack.
Though Thanksgiving was yesterday’s rage, we’re still loving on all the sweet potato and butternut squash recipes around here. No matter that our lawn is a blanket of white; fall has another 20 days left, and we’re not short changing it.
Sweet potatoes are boss. They’re the super tuber, y’all. They’re loaded with beta carotene, vitamins (like A, B, and C!) They’re full of healthful minerals and is on EWG’s clean 15 list. All the good stuff.
Lookin’ at you, Sweet Potato Hummus.
This might just be the easiest and most delish way to serve up plenty of sweet potatoes. It’s both a crowd pleaser at parties and a satisfying snack at home. Even The Littles devour this healthy dip with crispy pita chips. Way better than random snacking.
I love when food is all natural and the colors are gorgeous all by their unaffected selves. There’s zero artificial anything in this beautifully golden sweet potato hummus.
The flavors of this hummus meld together into perfection, bite after bite. It’s sweet, savory, smooth, and creamy. Without any cream.
Here’s to savoring every single last day of fall.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Sweet Potato Hummus
- Do ahead: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F. Wrap sweet potatoes tightly in foil. Roast potatoes 1 to 1.5 hours, until easily pierced with fork. Carefully unwrap and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until hummus is smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, add more olive oil to reach desired consistency. Add additional kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer hummus to serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with pita chips, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or tortilla chips. Hummus keeps well in fridge, wrapped airtight, for up to a week.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
It’s Hummus Time:
- Roasted Beet Hummus. Because food has never been this naturally gorgeous. Healthy & delish.
- Edamame Hummus. Such a superb way to enjoy the goodness of edamame.
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus. The flavors of sun dried tomatoes shine in this delicious dip.
- Avocado Hummus. Use up all those ripe avocados in this tasty and clean eating dip.