This Mini Cheesecake recipe delivers all the creamy goodness of a traditional cheesecake in a fun, bite-sized format. They’re smooth, rich, decadent, and just the right size for popping into your mouth. These little morsels are worthy of any occasion and are a true crowd-pleaser.
In This Article
Video: Watch Us Make This Recipe
Why This Recipe Stands Out
A bite of creamy, rich cheesecake is always delicious. But when it is a mini cheesecake, it is even more fun! Ours are the perfect blend of creamy, sweet, and tangy flavors. Here’s why you’ll love this mini cheesecake recipe:
- Simple: The recipe uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients, making it easy to prepare.
- Flavorful: The combination of white chocolate and raspberry creates a delightful flavor profile that’s hard to resis, like our White Chocolate Raspberry Scones.
- Perfect Size: The mini size of these cheesecakes makes them perfect for parties, gatherings, or just a sweet treat for yourself.
- Freezer-Friendly: Like other easy cheesecake recipes, this mini cheesecake recipe freezes beautifully, allowing you to enjoy a delicious dessert anytime you want.
- Creamy: The use of full-fat cream cheese ensures a creamy, smooth texture that’s absolutely delightful, just like our Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- Customizable: You can easily switch up the flavors by using different types of cookies for the crust or different fruits for the sauce.
- Make-Ahead: Many components of this recipe can be prepared ahead of time, making it a stress-free dessert option for your next gathering. It’s one of the best plan-ahead recipes.
Key Recipe Ingredients
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs – The crust of these cheesecake bites is made from finely crushed Oreo cookies, providing a rich, chocolatey base that perfectly compliments the creamy filling.
- White Chocolate Chips – The star ingredient of the custard, white chocolate chips give the cheesecake its sweet and creamy flavor.
- Cream Cheese – Full-fat cream cheese is the key to achieving the smooth, velvety texture that makes these cheesecake bites so irresistible.
- Raspberries – Used in the sauce, raspberries add a tart, fruity contrast to the sweet and creamy cheesecake. They can be fresh or frozen, depending on what’s available.
Substitutions And Variations
The best thing about these mini cheesecake bites is that you can easily tweak the recipe to fit your preferences. Here are some fun variations and substitutions that can add a personal touch to this delightful dessert:
- Crust: Although the recipe calls for Oreo cookies, feel free to substitute them with any other cookie of your choice. Whether it is graham crackers or chocolate chip cookies, the crust can be adapted to your preference.
- Chocolate: If you’re a chocolate lover, consider mixing in some cocoa powder with the cream cheese for a delicious chocolate cheesecake bite.
- Fruit Variations: While we love the tangy sweetness of raspberries, you can easily swap them out for other fruits. Try making a strawberry, blueberry, or even a mango sauce for a tropical twist.
- Mini Muffin Tin Sizes: Our recipe uses a mini muffin tin, but if you prefer a larger bite, use a regular muffin tin and increase the baking time accordingly. Or you can simply follow our Raspberry Cheesecake recipe, which is the big shareable version of these bites.
Step-By-Step Recipe Instructions
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, and fully dissolved cornstarch. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often until thickened.
- Melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half on low heat. In a separate large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and melted white chocolate.
- Combine cookie crumbs with butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Press slightly rounded teaspoon of this mixture into 48 mini muffin tins.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of the filling into muffin tins. Add a half teaspoon of the raspberry sauce over the custard and lightly swirl with a thin knife.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes at 325F for 20 minutes, or until the tops are puffy. Cool, cover, and chill in fridge.
- Serve the mini cheesecakes topped with stabilized whipped cream.
For full list of ingredients and instructions, see recipe card below.
How To Prep Ahead
This mini cheesecake recipe is already easy to whip up, but we have some additional tips to make it even more effortless. Take a look at our favorite prep-ahead ti[s for this delightful dessert:
- Crust: The Oreo cookie crumbs for the crust can be prepared in advance by crushing and storing the Oreo cookies ahead of time. I like to quickly scrape off the cream filling of the cookies, since those aren’t needed and you get a bigger chocolatey flavor in the crust without the center filling. Cookie crumbs keep well in an airtight zipper bag for several days.
- Raspberry Sauce: The raspberry sauce can be made up to a week ahead of time. It only requires three ingredients and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Cheesecake Filling: Make sure your cream cheese is very soft before using it. This allows it to blend seamlessly into a smooth, velvety consistency. If you’re planning to make the cheesecake filling ahead of time, remember to soften the cream cheese well in advance.
- Freeze: These mini cheesecakes freeze beautifully. You can easily make an entire batch, bake them, and freeze them. Simply defrost at room temperature when you’re ready to serve. Leftovers also freeze nicely, so you can enjoy these cheesecakes a little at a time.
Commonly Asked Questions
Given that there are several styles of cheesecakes, this one stands out as a classic New York style cheesecake. New York style cheesecake is rich, creamy, and wonderfully thick. It’s the only way we think cheesecake should be done.
Be sure the filling ingredients are close to room temperature – the eggs should be taken out of the fridge early, and the half and half creamer can be measured out a bit beforehand as well. The biggest tip is to soften the cream cheese until it is almost melted, prior to mixing in.
Take care not to over-mix the filling ingredients, as that can incorporate too much air and create an overly soft filling. Mix only until the filling mixture is smooth. Be sure to give baked cheesecake adequate chill-time, in order to fully set.
Absolutely! Cheesecakes are the perfect dessert for making a day or two in advance. Keep them airtight in the fridge until ready to serve.
One of the best qualities about cheesecake is how freezer-friendly it is. Let baked cheesecake cool completely at room temperature. Then cover tightly and freeze for 1-2 months.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Mini Cheesecake Recipe (White Chocolate Raspberry)
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs, cream centers removed (about 22-23 finely crushed cookies)
- 6 TB salted butter, melted
For the Custard:
- Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix fine cookie crumbs with butter until well incorporated. Should resemble wet sand. Scoop 1 slightly rounded tsp crumb mixture evenly into 48 lined mini muffin tins. Press down to form bottom crusts.
- Preheat oven to 325F, with rack on lower middle position.
- Make Raspberry Sauce: Combine raspberries, sugar, and fully dissolved cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often. Once mixture is thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Make Cheesecake Filling: In heavy saucepan, melt white chocolate chips together with half-and-half on low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat. In large bowl, mix together nearly melted cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and the melted white chocolate mixture.
- Scoop 1 rounded TB filling evenly into lined mini muffin tins. Dollop 1/2 tsp raspberry sauce over the custard. Gently use a thin knife to lightly swirl.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tops are puffy and no longer sticky upon light touch. Let cool to room temp and then cover and chill in fridge (overnight is recommended). Top with stabilized whipped cream and serve.
- Mini Muffin Tins, 24-cup tins
- Dry cookie crumbs can be prepared ahead of time and placed in airtight bag for a few days until ready to use.
- Raspberry sauce can be made up to a week ahead of time and stored airtight in fridge until ready to use.
- If using regular sized muffin tins, increase bake time to 25 minutes and check for doneness: they should appear puffy on top and no longer feel sticky upon light touch. They’ll settle and firm upon cooling.
- Baked cheesecakes can be covered airtight and stored in fridge 2-3 days. They can also be frozen for several weeks in airtight container. Stabilized whipped cream can also be frozen!
Nutrition (per serving)
More to bake and eat
- New York Style White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake -This is our whole pie, grown-up-size version that you can slice up and share. Perfect holiday or birthday dessert for cheesecake lovers.
- NY Style Pumpkin Cheesecake – This has become a social hit, for good reason. It’s great for fall and winter, and anytime you want a better-than-the-factory Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- Perfectly Smooth NY style Cheesecake – This method of cheesecake baking prevents unsightly cracks, dips, sinking, etc. Get a beautifully smooth cheesecake every time.
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Dough Bars – Simply scrumptious, decadent, and worth every. single. bite.