These energy bites are the perfect solution for snack attack. They’re hearty, healthy, and delicious. Powerhouse nutrition that tastes like a treat. Adults and kids adore these.
My bent towards these energy-healthy-yummy eats is a direct result of mostly one thing.
Ok, two things. The first reason for all this energy noshing is that I’m crazy about good snacks with real ingredients that taste awesome. I feel really great about feeding them to my peeps 🙂
The second reason is…
I’ve been quietly (but not so quietly) training for a full on marathon. My first race. #forreal
I say “quietly” because despite all the hours I spend pounding the pavement every day, I haven’t talked much about it here.
In fact, I don’t talk do much marathon talk in 3D either, unless someone asks me first. Or unless I’m in sore city after a super long run, and I feel compelled to explain why I’m walking all funky.
Plus, I still feel like a wanna-be runner when I tumble out of bed too early in the mornings and join the real runners on the road. I often wonder if I’m actually sane.
I choose quieter routes vs. the busy streets and I wear hats to stay inconspicuous. My strategy hasn’t worked; friends still see me and honk. Or yell out their window.
The part I haven’t been so quiet about is why I’m running. I might be questioning my sanity with this kooky 26.2 mile journey in my sneakers, but the purpose is clear.
As of today, the big race is less than 2 weeks away. Crazy, scary, exciting, and please don’t rain.
Let’s talk fuel. I made a bunch of these delicious No-Bake Energy Bites. Just a handful of real ingredients, nothing artificial. Super easy, incredibly tasty, and ultra convenient. Whenever you need something to keep that growling tummy happy, this is just the ticket.
My family devours these yummy energy bites. The boys pop a couple of them into their bellies to tide them over until dinnertime. These are great for afternoon snacks, packing into lunch boxes, or for breakfast to jump start the day.Print
These No-Bake Energy Bites are chock full of healthy, natural ingredients that form a powerhouse of nutrition with every bite! They taste great and are perfect for lunch boxes, afternoon snacks, or breakfast. Go energize!
- 1 cup dry, old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll into balls of your preferred size. If the mixture is too sticky, it helps to keep a bowl of water nearby to keep dipping your hands into. Wet palms will make the rolling a lot easier.
- Store in an airtight container. Will keep well at moderate room temp or in the fridge.
- *Note: You can sub agave nectar for honey. Poppyseed can be used in lieu of chia, if you can’t find chia seeds.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from gimmesomeoven
Here are a few of my favorite healthy, energy-packed, no-guilt snacks!
1. Crunch Granola — perfectly sweet, crispy, and awesome straight out of the jar or as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, and fruit!
2. If you like chewy granola bars, you’ll adore these Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Reminiscent of the store bought variety, but these are way healthier made from your own kitchen.
3. These, of course, are those famous 5-Ingredient Protein Bars that have made it easy and cost-effective for us to eat whenever we need it!
4. Coconut Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are the perfect breakfast for the kids (and grownups) before a long day. They’re also an awesome pick-me-up. Tasty and healthy!