It’s the season of pumpkins and baking. Loads of both have been happening in our kitchen. We’ve got pumpkin coffeecake, pumpkin donut holes, and the bestest pumpkin bread. Bake-a-holics, we’ve got you covered.
Except for today.
Today, we’re getting our fill of double pumpkin yum – all without touching the oven door…
With three very hungry, very fast growing monkeys…virtually every afternoon = snack attack time.
One of my favorite snacks to tide over some hungry tummies is energy bites. Not only are they fun and easy to make, they’re such the yummy-healthy treat.
These pumpkin energy bites are happily no-bake. Simply throw a party for all the good (clean!) ingredients and get rolling.
These little bites are jamming with pure pumpkin, whole oats, dates, coconut, fall spices, and roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas.)
No refined sugar added. No refined anything. Just pure, whole, clean goodness.
Packed with flavor and super packed with nutrition.
Here’s to not baking during baking season.
At least for today.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Pumpkin Energy Bites (No Bake)
- In a food processor, add the dates, pumpkin, honey, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse until incorporated and smooth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients until fully incorporated. Cover tightly and chill 1 hour or longer.
- Form 1-inch energy balls using clean, damp hands (slightly wetting your palms will help a lot with ease of shaping, without sticking.) Keep energy balls in airtight container in fridge. Best served chilled.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Oh, for the love of Pumpkins:
- Pumpkin Mini Churros. Because mini is cute (and easier to make) and because these are an awesome fall treat.
- Pumpkin Spice Trifle. For all those holiday parties when you want/need/want a crowd pleasing easy thing to bring.
- Triple Pumpkin Scones with Cream Cheese Frosting. Um, this one needs no explanation.
- Savory Pumpkin and Bacon Dip. Yes, really. Go there, it’s worth it.