We just returned from a very long vacay in sunny So. Cal. Hubby and I lived in LA all our lives prior to our 6-years-and-counting stint in the midwest, and we eagerly anticipate our annual trip back to west coast beaches.
Both our parents, sibs, and extended fam all reside in Cali. Because, yeah, they aren’t about to follow to the second coldest state in the country. We relish the reunions with family and friends and fawning over how big everyone’s kids have grown.
Not to mentioned the weather and food. Suffice it to say we spend almost every day at a different beach, and I always gain at least five pounds on the local LA food scene…
After fourteen days of nonstop jumping in ocean waves, visiting friends, hiking mountain terrain, and indulging in a few too many tacos and In’n Out burgers, we literally crashed once we got home.
Like, I’m going to bed and I’ll see you in 14 hours. Don’t bother waking me up.
The combination of jet lag and Dramamine had me in a brain fog for about two days straight. Thankfully, I hadn’t scheduled many activities for the boys this week, knowing we’d need the week to recoup before school starts.
Oh, yeah, school. It’s starting next week. Backpacks, check. Paperwork, check.
But first. Labor Day Weekend. It’s everyone’s last hurrah before the fall routine hits. We’re definitely planning a few fun events.
Which brings me to these seriously delicious Cherry Mojitos. Kudos to Hubby for coming up with this one. He spent an unknown amount of energy stirring and mixing until he got this cocktail just right.
This Cherry Mojito is super easy to mix up and tastes fabulous. It’s a refreshing, spritzy, and perfectly balanced drink. Enjoy the fresh mint and sweet cherries while they’re in season.
Here’s to a wonderful Labor Day Weekend, Everyone.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
For the Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, whole
For the Mojito:
- 1 lime
- 24 whole mint leaves, no stems
- 4 cherries, pitted and halved
- 6 oz white rum
- Club soda to top off
- Do ahead:Over medium heat, add sugar and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Add the 1 cup mint leaves and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes to infuse. Strain infused syrup into a container and set aside. (Any leftover syrup can be stored in the fridge for future use.)
- Cut the lime into quarters.
- Squeeze the juice of two lime quarters into a highball glass, adding the squeezed lime into the glass as well.
- Add half of the mint leaves and cherries into the glass and muddle together, taking care to only bruise the mint leaves and not crush them.
- Fill each glass with ice to the top. Add 3 oz white rum and 2 oz of the infused syrup to each glass. Top each glass with club soda, gently stir, and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
If you missed the Best Ever Sangria, you’ll want to bookmark this one. It’s perfect for summer or winter holidays.
We could sit on the deck and sip this Mango Cooler all evening. It’s absolutely delish, and only takes a couple of minutes to whip up.
For a non-alcoholic cool down, this healthy Mango Smoothie is one of our family’s faves.