Mojitos are just the thing for parties, gatherings, or a warm evening on the porch. We have made and remade Mojitos until we got the recipe just right. Here you go.
In our house, we’ve got our kitchen roles down. The Biggest Little is our waffle maker. The Middle Little is our egg scrambler. The Littlest Little is the eater. I’m the bake + cook girl. Hubby holds the title for coffee and wine connoisseur. The man takes his beans and grapes seriously.
I’m secretly tickled that one of us knows something about wine and food pairings, because I get lost in that whole maze.
Last year, Hubby surprised me by taking his skills to a new territory. He stepped into the realm of Mojitos. If you know my guy, you know he’s a perfectionist and will tirelessly fix anything that’s wrong until it’s right.
That goes for making Mojitos, too. Perfectionists don’t discriminate…
I gotta admit, it’s pretty disappointing to order Mojitos at restaurants for $8 a pop and get watered down ice liquid in return. So when Hubby makes these well-balanced Mojitos for dinner parties, I don’t complain. At all.
In true fashion, there’s no cutting corners with this Mojitos recipe. What makes this recipe a standout is the infused simple syrup.
Fresh minty mint is a must, of course. Steeping the mint in a mixture of sugar and water will get your simple syrup ridiculously flavorful.
You won’t wonder where in the world the flavor is. One sip and you’ll know it’s all there.
Combine cooled simple syrup with just the right proportions of freshly squeezed lime juice and club soda.
The result is a superbly refreshing, minty, limey, sweet [but not overly sweet] drink you’ll proudly serve your friends.
You simply can’t go wrong serving icy cold glasses of Mojitos with any Cuban or Mexican themed dinner party.
Happy Weekend, and Enjoy!
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few other deliciously festive drinks that are popular hits every time:
1. Cherry Mojitos. This recipe is based on our original Mojitos recipe, with the addition of cherries! Yum!
2. The Best Sangria Ever. Out of all the Sangrias we’ve ever tried, made, and tasted, this one beats ’em all! It’s refreshing, fruity, and has the perfect balance. Better than any restaurant version.
3. Easy Mango Cooler. Mangoes make this drink tropical and delicious! It’s super easy to make and sure to please everyone.
4. 4-Ingredient Mango Sour. If you like a little pucker in your sips, you’ll love this Mango Sour. Easy and refreshing!
5. Easy Madras Cran-Orange Cocktail. So easy, so full of cranberry and orange flavors. Festive, pretty, and tasty!