Creamed Corn au Gratin
Back when we were newlywed young’uns, Hubby and I spent all our free time hanging with other newlyweds or watching friends tie the knot. It was like a wedding every single weekend.
Life BK (Before Kids) was like that. Playing grown-up and toasting all our friends’ new marriages.
One of the cutest venues was The Summit House in So. Cal. The outdoor ceremonies and indoor white linen celebrations were super sweet.
But you know what got my attention, right?
The food. In particular, this creamed corn au gratin. It’s the most unforgettable creamed corn recipe you may ever taste.
Cheesy, creamy creamed corn
The Summit House had a seriously yummy menu during restaurant hours, and their signature side dish was this Classic Creamed Corn Au Gratin.
They freely gave out their creamed corn recipe, so it isn’t exactly a secret. It’s one of my fave sides to make for holidays and gatherings, as a little goes a long way. And everyone adores the dreamy, creamy flavors.
If corn could be chocolate, this is how it would taste. Rich, glorious, and decadent. This ain’t no diet food. Like I said…holidays and gatherings. This luscious creamed corn au gratin is meant to be shared.
Make this creamed corn ahead of time
It’s almost a requirement in my book, but I have to have recipes that can be made ahead of time when entertaining. If the recipe can be made a few hours ahead and easily reheated when ready to serve, it’s on the menu.
You can even have this creamed corn ready the night before, and thoroughly reheat in the oven for a deliciously quick side dish.
Here’s to a creamed corn your family and friends will swoon over.
Enjoy (and share.) 🙂Print
Creamed Corn Au Gratin
This Creamed Corn Au Gratin is easy to make and an instant crowd pleaser. It’s sweet, savory, and decadent all at once. Perfect for gatherings anytime of year.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
Yield: 15 1x
- 16 oz frozen corn kernals
- 12 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TB sugar
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2 TB salted butter
- 2 TB flour
- 3 TB parmesan cheese
- In a medium, heavy pot, combine corn, cream, salt, sugar, and white pepper. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and turn heat off.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and stir in the flour; whisk or stir constantly until it forms a roux (smooth, non-lumpy, yet thick mixture.) Add roux to the pot of corn. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer corn mixture to a mid-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese evenly over the top. Set under the broiler and broil just until cheese is nicely browned and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 190.6 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 30.4 mg
- Category: side
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamed corn au gratin