That said…I can’t in good conscience go into these honey glazed carrots without also proclaiming that they are, in fact, quite a treat all in their glorious orange selves.
Last year, I made these sweet little honey glazed carrots as part of our gargantuan holiday spread. These baby carrots were the eureka hit for me. We didn’t expect to get all gaga over carrots, but that’s what happened.
Now, we dish these babies up on busy weeknights as well as for the holidays. These honey glazed carrots are so easy, my 12-year-old cooked them up for us recently.
Four ingredients is all you’ll need…
With players like salty butter, honey, and brown sugar, these tiny carrots are destined for the treats category.
Eat your veggies and love ’em too.
15-Minute Honey Glazed Carrots
These 15-Minute Honey Glazed Carrots are a delicious way for the family to love their veggies! Perfect as a holiday side dish, as well as any busy weeknight.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 16 mins
- 16 oz baby carrots (the smaller/thinner, the better; thicker ones need longer cook time)
- 2 TB salted butter
- 3 1/2 TB light brown sugar, packed
- 2 TB pure honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- Thoroughly drain carrots and dry them with paper towels to remove all excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter (take care not to burn it.) Add carrots, brown sugar, honey, salt, and pepper, tossing well. Continue to cook and stir frequently for 15 minutes or until your carrots are tender. Sprinkle with parsley for garnish and serve immediately.
** The smaller/thinner your carrots are, the faster they will cook. Thicker carrots will need more time. You can also use regular carrots, peeled, and sliced to 1/2 inch thick coins.
** These carrots are best served immediately. They will lose some of their great texture and coating if allowed to sit out too long.
- Category: side dish
Source: Chew Out Loud