Our little break in between winter and spring sports is officially over. Kaput.
Back to the ball fields we go. Now that we’re juggling baseball, soccer, and more baseball, we’re on the fields nearly every night of the week.
Which means I’ve got zilch time for sides like Butternut Squash Risotto. Insert single-tear emoticon.
But we’re turning that frown upside down in nothing flat. Because this Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms is incredibly delish and goes with any meal, anytime.
Just about the hardest part of this entire recipe is trying to not cry over sliced onions. 😉
Onion hack: slicing chilled onions are way less tear-inducing than room temp ones.
Add in some butter, beef broth, mushrooms, and long grain rice. You’re well on your way to the most tender, fluffy, buttery, and flavorful rice pilaf.
This Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms goes superbly well with chicken, beef, pork, or vegetables. It’s the quintessential side dish.
Here’s to a new season of green grassy fields, cleats and jerseys galore, and heaping plates of rice for fuel.
Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms
This Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms is tender, fluffy, and flavorful. It’s the perfect side dish to accompany any meal, anytime.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 cup good quality long grain rice, such as Jasmine
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups regular strength beef broth
- Optional: chives or parsley for garnish
- In a large heavy pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook/stir until softened and almost caramelized, 5-10 min. Add butter, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir well to combine. Add rice, stirring to coat. Add mushrooms and beef broth; stir. Bring to boil, cover with tight-fitting lid, and immediately lower to simmer.
- Simmer 30 minutes, without opening lid. With lid still on, turn heat off and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and season with additional salt/pepper to taste. If desired, garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
- Category: side
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Have a Rice Day 🙂 …