These cookies are made with the biggest cookie monsters in mind. Chewy, thick, and busting at the seams with oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M’s. These are sure to satisfy.
Hey, Y’all, we are long overdue around here for some chocolate – Spanish pronunciation for emphasis, please.
And coooookies! We’re saying it like Cookie Monster would, like we mean it, because these cookies mean business.
Monster Cookies aren’t messing around. These are some serious cookies that will satisfy any sweet tooth on contact. I brought an unprecedented amount of these Monster Cookies to a summer bash and came home with nothing but platters of melty chocolate remnants. Evidence of ridiculous deliciousness that had graced the platters just moments earlier.
After all, what big and little kid doesn’t love colorful M&M’s? Just the sight of them beckons The Hands to grab on. And what grown up doesn’t adore a thick and chewy, oat filled cookie?
These Monster Cookies were developed for young and old, for munchers from 1 to 101.
There’s plenty of peanut butter to make all PB addicts happy. But don’t let peanut allergies prevent you from trying these cookies. They can also be made with SunButter as a decent substitution. You might recall my mentioning SunButter before…made of sunflower seeds, tree-nut free, and oh-so-yummy. But back to these Monster Cookies.
Feel free to use your favorite flavor of M&M’s. For this particular batch, I had a bunch of crispy M&M’s in my pantry, so that’s what I used. Peanut, plain, crispy, etc. Red/Green, Red/White/Blue, Pink/Red…you simply can’t go wrong,
Now that I think about it, Monster Cookies are the perfect post workout munchie too. They’re full of protein to fuel you after crushing it out there. Or just grab a glass of milk and munch it out over a movie marathon.
Either works. Like I said, you can’t go wrong with these goodies.
I’m planning on serving these as breakfast cookies with milk soon. Because oats and peanut butter are totally acceptable breakfast fodder.
Just add milk. Milk for the kiddos, coffee for me.
Here’s to cookies for your any day, any time, any occasion. Enjoy.
These Monster Cookies are thick ‘n chewy, soft, and filled with the goodness of whole oats, peanut butter, chocolate, and M&M’s. Every major cookie lovers’ dream come true.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla esxtract
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temp
- 1 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix well to combine. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix to incorporate. Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, baking soda, and oats. Stir to incorporate. Form a ball and wrap tightly. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and live baking sheets with parchment or baking mats. Form dough balls about 1 TB in size, and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Flatten cookies somewhat, as they tend not to spread too much. Bake 7-8 min. Cookies will set further upon cooling.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Paul Deen.
Love cookies + M&M’s? You’ve come to the right place:
1. Chewy M&M Cookie Bars. These bars are perfect for bringing to a party or potluck. Easier than cookies, chewy, and delicious!
2. Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies. For the serious chocoholic. Triple threat right here. Soft, chewy, chocolatey.
3. Double Chocolate M&M Cookies. Another variation of chocolate M&M cookies, creating soft cookies that melt in your mouth.
4. Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies. My personal favorite cookie to share with people. Because if I don’t share, I’ll eat ’em all. Soft, chewy, pudding cookies filled to the brim with chocolate.