The Ultimate Monster Cookies Recipe
We are long overdue around here for some chocolate. And coookies! We’re saying it like Cookie Monster would, like we mean it, because these cookies mean business.
Monster Cookies aren’t messing around. These are some serious cookies that will satisfy any sweet tooth on contact. I brought a mountainous batch of these Monster Cookies to a summer bash and came home with nothing but platters of cookie crumb remnants – evidence of ridiculous deliciousness that had graced the dessert table just moments earlier.
These monster cookies are thick and chewy, fully satisfying
After all, what big and little kid doesn’t love colorful M&M’s? Just the sight of them beckons The Hands to grab on. And what grown up doesn’t adore a thick and chewy, oat filled cookie?
These Monster Cookies were developed for young and old, for munchers from 1 to 101.
Peanut butter can be subbed out for nut allergies
There’s plenty of peanut butter to make all PB addicts happy. But don’t let peanut allergies prevent you from trying these cookies. They can also be made with SunButter as a decent substitution. You might recall my mentioning SunButter before…made of sunflower seeds, tree-nut free, and oh-so-yummy.
Feel free to use your favorite flavor of M&M’s. For this particular batch, I had a bunch of crispy M&M’s in my pantry, so that’s what I used. Peanut, almond, dark chocolate, caramel…any variety of M&M’s would work beautifully in these something-for-everyone monster cookies.
For various occasions, try green and red for Christmas….red, white, and blue for 4th of July….pink and red for Valentine’s…or pastel for Easter.
Monster Cookies for breakfast or workout fuel
Monster Cookies are the perfect post workout munchie, as they’re full of protein and energy to fuel you after crushing it out there. Or just grab a glass of milk and munch it out over a movie marathon.
Feel free to serve these for breakfast, as they’re loaded with oats and are a better alternative than donuts, right? Just include a tall glass of milk for the kiddos and perhaps a mug of coffee for yourself.
More to bake and eat:
- Thick, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies -our favorite classic oatmeal raisin cookies rival bakery versions.
- Coconut Oatmeal Cookie Balls (No-Bake) – these easy cookie balls are loaded with all the good stuff only.
- Chewy M&M Cookie Bars – these are a hit at all the get-togethers.
- Oatmeal Energy Cookies (nut-free) – these more than qualify for breakfast or a healthier snack.
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips (6 Ingredients) – super easy and incredibly delicious; they happen to be gluten-free.
- Combine: In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix well to combine. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix to incorporate. Stir in the M&M's, chocolate chips, baking soda, and oats. Stir to incorporate. Form a ball and wrap tightly. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 350F and live baking sheets with parchment or baking mats. Form dough balls about 1 TB in size, and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Flatten cookies somewhat, as they tend not to spread too much. Bake 7-8 min. Cookies will set further upon cooling.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram