I’m not sure how or when it happened, but our Biggest Little just got a bike that’s taller than mine. I couldn’t ride a mile on his bike if I wanted to (I don’t.)
It baffles me that he’s outgrown his sneakers seemingly overnight. And he’s only got half an inch to go before he’s peering over my head.
In a matter of nanoseconds, the Littles are outgrowing allthethings. In a wink, T-ball classes have been replaced with basketball courts. Hot Wheels have long been replaced with Ripstiks.
Recently I’ve been crushing on baked oatmeal, studded with all kinds of yummy toppings.
This Strawberry Chocolate Baked Oatmeal truly hits the spot. It’s hearty, wholesome, and deeeelish. It’ll fuel both the strawberry and chocolate fans in your life, and you’ll feel great about all the whole oats.
Here’s to some things that will hopefully never be outgrown.
Strawberry Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on middle position. Grease inside of an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently stir the oat mixture with the milk mixture until incorporated. Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into greased baking pan. Scatter the berries and remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean (I bake mine for 38 minutes, but each oven is different.) Let cool at room temp for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temp, with additional maple syrup, if desired.
- If you bake this up the night before, cover and let cool at room temp overnight. Reheat in oven or toaster oven the next morning.
- This recipe as written results in a tender, deliciously moist baked oatmeal that cuts easily into squares. If you prefer a drier, crispier, crumbly texture, use ½ cup less milk.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud