This Tender Stovetop Pork Ragu is rustic, simple, and supremely delicious. Everything is cooked in one big pot, to savory perfection. This fork-tender Pork Ragu is a surefire crowd pleaser. Bonus: it can be made a day or two ahead of time!
Easy Stovetop Pork Ragu
I’m always on the hunt for make ahead meals because…life.
Any busy season of life makes all do-ahead things high on the priority list. Anything that can be streamlined = yes, please.
Enter this Stovetop Pork Ragu. It covers all bases. It’s a fabulously delicious dish that can be made well ahead of time. By that, we mean you can make this pork ragu up to 2 days in advance, which means it’s a perfect meal prep recipe.
This pork ragu is easy enough for a work-at-home day, yet it’s delicious enough for dinner with family and friends on the weekend. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this dish tastes amazing the next day.
This succulent Pork Ragu is rustic, supremely tender, and tastes ridiculously fantastic.
It’s chock full of fresh herbs. Rosemary is especially apropos where slow braised pork is concerned. Fresh thyme and rosemary are classic for roasts and anything made in a big pot or Dutch oven.
The best cut for long, slow braise
This is an awesome way to use the more affordable cut of pork shoulder, sometimes labeled pork butt. It’s a favorite cut for long, slow braising. The ample simmer time makes this budget friendly cut into an incredibly savory and guest-worthy dish.
One bite and they’ll be raving over the tender, savory, rustic, and flavorful meal you could easily have made a day beforehand.
The flavors actually gain depth after resting overnight.
More Recipes to Make and Eat
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin with Gravy
- Sheet Pan Roast Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes
- Carnitas – Mexican Pulled Pork
- Beef Tenderloin Roast with Red Wine Sauce
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast with Gravy
Try this Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin, Too:
Here are some of our favorite roasts:
- Most Tender Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker. The epitome of slow cooker awesomeness.
2. Cuban Braised Pork with Mojo Sauce. This alone made us fall in love with Mojo. Fork-tender deliciousness.
3. Slow Cooker Pork Loin. Fabulously tender pork loin with the ease of a slow cooker.
4. Slow Cooker Kalua Pork. Simply amazing and addictive over a bed of rice.