These Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls are just the ticket when you want fluffy, buttery, warm rolls fresh from your oven. You only need 8 ingredients and 1 hour to make these happen.
Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls
Few things are better than freshly baked bread, warm and golden, right out of the oven. If that scenario seems unattainable for your busy household, think again. (We buy plenty of bread from the store, but sometimes homemade bread just calls.)
You can absolutely have freshly baked, fluffy, golden dinner rolls emerging out of your own oven, even if you’ve never a loaf of baked bread in your life. You only need 8 ingredients and 1 hour to own this bread.
These homemade dinner rolls are much quicker and easier than most dinner roll recipes. You and your family will fall in love with these easy dinner rolls that are golden on the outside and pillow soft on the inside.
From-Scratch dinner rolls: pantry ingredients
Whether you’ve delved into the world of BYOB ( bake your own bread,) you won’t go wrong with this homemade dinner roll recipe.
Here’s your 8-ingredient shopping list, though you probably have half the items in your pantry already:
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Rapid rise (not active rise) yeast
- Table salt
- Whole milk
- Salted butter
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (one lemon should do it)
- Olive oil
Don’t fear the yeast; rapid rise yeast is extremely user friendly and requires much less rise time than traditional active yeast. Rapid yeast is available at most grocery stores, as well as online.
Quick pro Tips for your Best Homemade Dinner Rolls
I’m a bit of a slow roller…and I can be a bit of a fussy measurer. Even so, this recipe is significantly faster and easier than other from-scratch dinner rolls I’ve made.
Here are some quick tips for you:
- Be sure your rapid yeast is fresh and not expired.
- Envision your childhood play-doh when working with the dough… your mixed dough should have the texture of fresh play-doh. You want: smooth, elastic, able to easily form a ball, and not overly sticky nor crumbly.
- If somehow dough is too sticky, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it’s the right texture. If dough seems too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it’s soft and elastic.
- Once rolls are done, be sure to brush with warm butter for ultimate deliciousness. Try sprinkling a bit of garlic powder or parmesan powder on top for fun.
You’ll be rewarded with dinner rolls with golden brown exterior and a pillowy center. Plus plenty of smiles around the table. Enjoy.
Try This Baked Oatmeal for Breakfast:
Other Easy homemade breads to Make:
- Rosemary Garlic Rustic Bread. We made this in honor of Macaroni Grill’s yummy table bread, but found that this homemade version outshines the restaurant’s!
- Better Than O.G. Breadsticks! We’re not trying to brag, but we kind of are. Because these are SO much better than Olive Garden’s, for reals.
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread. This is one you can have on the table in about 5-10 minutes! Who cares that it’s on the McCheaty side? It’s awesome for last minute delicious carb needs.
- Chewy Crusty French Bread. This is something awesome, with a rustic crisp crust and chewy soft center.