This Slow Cooker Chili with Black Beans and Corn is absolutely scrumptious. It’s healthy, hearty, and is easily made in your Crock Pot. Stovetop option included.
Winning Slow Cooker Chili
This Slow Cooker Chili with Black Beans and Corn is a variation of my favorite classic chili, but modified for use in my enormous Crock Pot; my faithful kitchen BFF of 15 years and counting.
Though there’s definitely a place for Instant Pot meals, there are other days when you want to throw all the ingredients into a slow-cooker and let it slowly cook its way to perfection throughout the day, while you go about your routine. That’s where this slow cooker chili comes in.
Use Your Basic Pantry Ingredients
One of the best things about homemade chili is that it gives you the opportunity to use up those pantry ingredients you already have.
Ingredients like olive oil, a can of diced tomatoes, sweet corn kernels, and a can of black beans are often staples in the pantry. Now is the time to dig those out, as this chili is begging to be cooked up.
Chances are high that you already have many of the seasonings required: garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, sugar, and allspice are a few of the basic pantry seasonings many of us already have in our kitchen. Make good use out of all those seasonings while they’re still fresh.
If you have frozen ground beef or turkey sitting in your freezer, this homemade chili is waiting to make the most of your ground meat as well.
Fresh ingredients include garlic cloves, green bell peppers, and an onion. Optional toppings such as fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, and lime slices are fun and delicious ways to add flavor to your homemade chili.
Serve Your Homemade Chili with One of These
- Jazz up Chili Night with these sweet corn muffins that are outrageously moist and tasty.
- 5-Minute Real Guacamole is amazing with some crispy tortilla chips and chili
- Sweet Potato Cornbread is so tender and healthy-delicious.
Note: This makes a wickedly delicious big batch, so if you have leftovers…smile. It’s just as awesome, if not more so, the next day 🙂
Try this beef stew with potatoes, too:
Favorite Chili Recipes to Try
1. White Chicken Chili – this is always easy, always good, and always hits the spot. Your people will love this.
2. Chili with Sriracha – tastes just like a fantastic classic chili, but with a kick of Sriracha to amp up the flavor. Hearty and satisfying.
3. White Chicken Chili with Quinoa – a twist on our white chicken chili recipe, elevated with quinoa and avocado. YUM.
4. And all these chilis MUST be paired with these Sweet Corn Muffins; like cornbread, only incredibly better. Always moist and tender, perfectly balanced with savory sweetness. So good, we eat the leftovers for breakfast.