This is a big, hearty turkey or beef chili. It has the perfect little zing, thanks to Sriracha. It is full of flavor, makes a big batch, and leftovers are delicious the next day! It is every guy and girl’s favorite chili for Game Days, cool fall/winter nights, or anytime a chili craving strikes!
Turkey (or beef) chili
With the cold (drastic understatement) weather going nowhere fast, chili is on the brain for many of us. Especially with Super Bowl just around the corner, many homes will be transformed into game central this coming Sunday.
And that means loads of chili. Big, piping hot Crock Pots full of chili. This here recipe is our hands-down winning chili recipe that has gotten rave reviews over the years. I posted the non-Sriracha version of this chili awhile ago, but recently I decided to kick it up with my favorite hot sauce…
Slow cooker chili with a kick
We are going to always and forever make our chili with Sriracha from here on out. I use it for nearly everything else, so why not in my favorite chili? Sriracha adds an unbeatable zing… a little bit of kick, but also a perfect touch of tangy, sweet, and savory goodness.
I make this chili several times each fall/winter, and even my Littles inhale it. They actually like the mild spiciness of this chili, and my heart melts when they exclaim that this is the BEST chili ever!
At past Super Bowl parties, guys and girls alike have shoveled in huge bowlfuls of this chili, professing their admiration for it (and for you.) When you serve this chili, that will happen to you.
This chili is chunky and hearty enough to serve with chips, which we sometimes do, just because we can. And I almost always make these super moist, sweet corn muffins that are irresistible. The combination is a match made in paradise, and you won’t feel guilty for downing a huge heaping of this healthy chili.
Yes, chili is health food 🙂 It’s chock full of lean ground turkey or beef, veggies, beans, broth, and herbs. It’s a huge burst of savory flavor in your mouth. It absolutely hits the spot and satisfies any chili craving.
This Chili with Sriracha can be made in the slow cooker or in a heavy pot. Either way, the result is certain to be the BEST chili your friends have ever tasted! Don’t be afraid to make a big pot of this good stuff. Leftovers are incredible!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce (found in major grocery stores, in Asian aisle)
- 1 can (32 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) can Italian diced tomatoes, with juices
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Shredded cheddar for garnish, if desired
- Brown the ground meat together with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp kosher salt. Drain. Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker or a heavy pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients. If using a crock pot, cook on low 6-7 hours or on high about 4-5 hours. If using a heavy pot, bring to simmer and let simmer covered for 4 hours.
- Serve hot. Garnish with cheese, if desired.
- * Add more Sriracha, if you prefer a spicier chili!
- * Sometimes I add frozen sweet corn kernels to the mix!
Here’s my newest White Chicken Chili variation, made super healthy via Quinoa!
This here is our most sought after, most tantalizing Chunky Vegetable & Sausage Pasta Sauce, for all those yummy pasta nights:
In case you missed it, be sure to bookmark this Tortellini Soup — such a weeknight favorite. Easy Peasy!