We’re not sure how or when, but our Middle Little has officially earned the title of Mexican Food Fiend. Cumin and cayenne are his mealtime besties.
One day somewhere along the growing years to date, the kid embraced all things spicy. I don’t mean munching on Red Hots, either. We’re talking Sriracha-drowned eggs here.
That crazy kick-addiction might have started around kindergarten. I think for his next birthday, I might get him this.
I mean, really. The Pepper Palace is his Disneyland.
This 4-ingredient Salsa Verde Enchilada Bake doesn’t dance with Tapatío, but it does do the salsa…
All you need is 4 little ingredients. That’s it. For reals.
I use shredded rotisserie chicken, but feel free to use whatever chicken you have on hand. Pepper jack lends some zesty sass to the dish. You can use a milder cheese such as cheddar jack, if you’re not feeling so sassy.
The best part: grab a jar of your favorite salsa verde. Yes, store-bought. We’re going rogue tonight, Friends.
Layer up all that goodness and give it 20-30 minutes in the oven. Voilá!
Bubbly, melty cheese and irresistible aromas are your green light for mealtime.
Ring that dinner bell. Or holler. Whichever works with your peeps. They’ll come running once they see what you’re dishing up.
Garnishes are completely optional, but sometimes we like a sprinkle of green onion, cilantro, avocado, or chopped tomatoes.
Maybe even Tapatío.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Enchilada Bake
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie works great)
- 2 cups pepper jack or cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 16 oz jar of Salsa Verde
- 8 8-inch each flour tortillas
- Optional Garnish Ideas: onions, cilantro, avocado, or tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Spread a thin layer of salsa verde evenly over bottom of dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, and 1 cup salsa verde. Stir to combine well. Divide mixture evenly between the 8 tortillas. Roll them up tightly and place seam-side down onto baking dish (overlap slightly if needed.) Evenly top with remaining cheese and salsa verde.
- Bake uncovered 20-30 min or until cheese bubbly. Serve with your choice of optional garnishes, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)