White Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Busy weeknights, with little time to cook? Want something easy, yet completely delicious — a dish everyone will run to the dinner table for? This White Chicken Enchilada Casserole has got you covered. Easy, fail-proof weeknight dinner that the whole family will dive for.
We’ve had a record amount of no-school days this year due to extreme, beyond arctic weather. As in, one’s nose could get frostbitten in a matter of minutes if one dared to stand outside. We’ve also continued to have no-school days for teacher workshops and days like Presidents Day (today.)
What I’m saying is…the kids have been home an awful lot this year so far. And many of those days were unplanned, sudden announcements. Which means we have done quite a bit of last-minute adjusting, flexible juggling, and tag-teaming to make those days work.
Translation: No time to cook. I need quick, easy meals that taste great, and I need them now…
A big chicken enchilada casserole is one of my favorite weeknight solutions. Kids and adults both dig in without restraint. We have a thing for pasta bakes with delicious twists. This Easy (Red) Enchilada Bake is my other go-to enchilada casserole. It’s important to have one “red” and “white” sauced version of everything.
This scrumptious Mexican Pasta Bake is another fun twist on pasta, which family and friends devour.
Recipes like these rock. They’re easy, no-frills, perfect weeknight solutions for busy cooks who refuse to compromise flavor.
This white chicken enchilada casserole is my white-sauced version of an enchilada bake. It’s an irresistible blend of shredded chicken, green chilies, corn tortillas, and cheese. Mmmm, cheese. Comfort food at its best.
This is one of those winning potluck dishes that you can bring to just about any party and watch your dish vanish right before your eyes. Unless it’s a vegan party.
If you make this for yourself and have leftovers, know that leftovers taste delicious the next day.
Best of all, assemble the casserole the night before, and let it sit in fridge overnight. Then take out and bake when you’re ready to eat! Make your own take ‘n bake. Does it get better than that?
Easy. Cheesy. Crowd pleasing. Go ahead…make it.
White Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and shredded (rotisserie works well, too)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 12 oz salsa verde, green
- 1 can lowfat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can lowfat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced olives for garnish
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Mix onion, salsa verde, cans of soup, milk, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine well. Slice tortillas into 1-inch strips.
- Spread a thin layer of soup mixture onto bottom of greased casserole dish.
- Layer half of the tortillas over that. Layer half of shredded chicken over tortillas, followed by half of the soup mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover tightly, and chill in fridge overnight.
- Bake at 350F for 45 min to 1 hour, or just until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here’s my favorite “red version” of the most mouthwatering Enchilada Bake!
My most favorite Mexican Chicken Stew. Easy peasy. And totally, undeniably toothsome.
Here’s a peek at the Mexican Pasta Bake everyone loves…try it and see!