Is May really and truly just around the corner?
We’re ignoring the dusting of snow on the ground this morning — ’cause it’s Minnesota. The weather faux pas aside, I’m so looking forward to baby daffodils poking out of the ground, Mother’s Day brunch, Memorial Day gatherings, and Cinco de Mayo festivities.
Which brings us to the inevitable enchilada envy. For everyone else, that is.
Because you’ve got enchiladas covered with this Creamy Enchilada Chicken Bake. It’s easy, quick, and all-in-one.
Nothing to roll, fret, or fuss over. With all the festive, bold flavors you love…
This Chicken Enchilada Bake is:
- Light and healthyish
- Chock full of big, bold flavors
- Unbelievably easy and quick
- The answer to enchilada envy
Healthier Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 2 ½ cups plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 cans, 10 oz each diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie works well)
- 2 cups low-fat Mexican shredded cheese, divided
- ¼ cup slice olives
- 12 corn tortillas
- Garnishes: cilantro, green onions, avocado, salsa
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish (or two 9-10" round pans.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, drained tomatoes with chilies, corn, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and chili powder. Whisk or stir until smooth. Add cooked, shredded chicken and combine well.
- Layer half of the tortillas onto bottom of greased baking dish. Evenly spread half of the yogurt/chicken mixture on top. Evenly top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with olives. Bake uncovered 25 minutes; tent loosely with foil partway through if top is browning too quickly.
- Let sit at room temp 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, sliced avocado, or salsa with corn if desired.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Mexican Inspired Favorites: