Here’s an Irish Cream Chocolate Cake that is wonderfully tender, moist, and ultra chocolatey. The whipped cream frosting is light and fluffy, the perfect balance.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Despite Minnesota’s notorious “spring” consisting of an eclectic mixture of ice-snow-rain-mud….I super-like March. Tons of my family and friends celebrate their birthdays this month.
For my own birthday, the boys bought me enough dark chocolate to [hopefully] last me until summer. I’ve been having a blast enjoying all my freebies for coffee, ice cream, and slices of cake. All week, we’ve been tasting a variety of chocolate cake recipes from favorite bakeries. because birthday week and it’s fully legit. If we’re going to indulge, let’s do it right.
This Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Cake. It’s notably better than all the other chocolate cakes we’ve been tasting. There’s something quite magical and irresistible about this ultra tender, moist, chocolatey cake infused with Baileys Irish Cream. Frosted with whipped cream frosting. Every single luscious bite of this Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Cake is blissfully worthwhile.
By the way, the concept of a birthday week is a thing. One single day isn’t enough time to pay tribute to the awesome moment our favorite people entered the world. Which is why these Soft Funfetti Cookies and Easy Chocolate Ice Cream are also on tap.
What makes this cake extra moist and tender
- We use oil in place of butter, which provides supreme moisture to this Irish cream cake. Either olive oil or coconut oil work wonderfully, without leaving any distinct flavor to the cake itself.
- Buttermilk is an acidic ingredient that tenderizes gluten, giving baked goods a softer texture.
- The Irish cream is a flavorful substitute for milk, providing extra richness to the cake.
secret to intensifying chocolate flavor
- Fresh, unsweetened, 100% cocoa powder is classic for chocolate cakes
- The real secret is coffee. Not coffee you’ll undoubtedly be sipping with this cake, but coffee you’ll actually add to the batter.
- Brew a cup of extra strong coffee (decaf is fine) and let it cool to at least lukewarm. You won’t taste any coffee in the cake itself. Rather, the coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor, like a chocolate booster.
Stabilized Whipped Cream
This stabilized whipped cream yields a fluffy light frosting; the perfect accompaniment to any rich chocolate cake.
Use stabilized the whipped cream frosting so that you can frost the cake ahead of time and not worry about it becoming runny. Stabilized whipped cream is a cake’s best friend and we use it on every dessert possible, from Flourless Chocolate Cake to Tender Yellow Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting (yes, there’s a chocolate version!)
Stabilized whipped cream holds its shape at moderate room temperature all day long. You can even frost the cake and keep it covered/chilled for a couple of days without fear.
More to Bake and Eat:
- The Best Angel Food Cake (8 Ingredients)
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake (GF)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- Banana Pudding Cake (5-Ingredients)
- Easy Blueberry Sour Cream Cake Recipe