Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies
These Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies are richly flavorful, decadent, and ultra chewy. Easy to make and dough freezes beautifully. Perfect for all the cookie + chocolate lovers in your life.
We’re loving everything about being in the thick of December except the icy roads. Aside from slipping around on foot and shoveling the sidewalks, we’re good with this lovely month.
This is the month of baking, cookies, baking, and cookies. At this very moment, there’s about eleven dozen cookies’ worth of dough in my fridge that are all eager to be baked up into morsels of deliciousness. There are chewy snickerdoodles, GF peanut butter cookies, 3-ingredient shortbread cookies, and Pinterest-favorite Jam Thumbprint cookies all waiting to be baked up and shared.
We are beyond excited because we’re teaming up with outrageous friends of ours this weekend to throw a surprise Christmas party for a group of 30-40 homeless friends. We’re acquainted with most of our street friends through serving monthly meals – not a day center, but literally outside on a run down street corner. They come out to meet us every single month, rain, snow, sleet, or shine.
Best of all, our faithful homeless friends have zero clue we’re throwing them a surprise Christmas party at an indoor venue this weekend! They will be super stoked and we cannot wait.
We’re not only sharing a hot meal with them, but hanging out loads of cookies! Of course, these Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies are included.
These are actually better-than-bakery double chocolate cookies, but we didn’t want to brag that much 😉
These double chocolate cookies are Spectacular. Stunning. Striking. They’re super loaded with all the rich chocolate you and your peeps would ever want. Or need. It’s really sometimes a need, yes?
These double chocolate cookies are not only doubly chocolatey, but they’re also slightly crispy at the edges and super soft and chewy in the centers. Just how the ideal cookie should be.
There’s a bit of a secret to why these double chocolate cookies are so chewy-thick. Ready?
These decadent cookies are ultra soft ‘n chewy due to the addition of cornstarch, cake flour, and brown sugar. These babies are so, so, sooooo good, Friends.
I know cornstarch and cake flour sound wonky in cookie dough, but just trust.
Take one bite and believe 👇🏽
You’ll really, really like this too
Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips, I use 53% to 60% cacao
- Optional: sugar for sprinkling after baking
- In a large bowl (or bowl of stand mixer) use paddle attachment to cream together the room-temp butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light/fluffy, about 2-3 min. Add eggs, mixing to incorporate.
- Reduce to low speed and add the unsweetened cocoa, both flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until dough is combined; dough will seem dry at first, but it will come together to form a dough. Stop mixing as soon as dough starts coming together. Use rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Using clean hands, form dough into a ball and tightly cover with cling wrap. Chill at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheets with silicone or parchment paper. Form 1.5 inch dough balls out of the dough and place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes or just until cookies are set on the edges; center may still look slightly underdone, which is fine. Don’t over-bake. Remove cookies from oven, sprinkle with sugar on top if desired. Cool on baking sheets until at least lukewarm before transferring to racks to fully cool.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Chocolate + Cookies = 💗…
2. Forever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
4. Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies