Crunchy Thai Salad
I’m keeping it crisp and brief today. After all, it’s almost the weekend, the weather is glorious, and I’m thinking you’d rather be eating this Crispy Thai Salad than reading the screen. amiright?
Plus, our baby bulldog pup is eating up my pretty hostas this very moment and we can’t have that.
So. Top 5 reasons your peeps will gobble up of this Crispy Thai Salad…
Why they (and you) will love this thai salad
- It’s a seriously crispy, crunchy, textured plate of yum.
- It’s absolutely refreshing, with mint and lime.
- It’s clean, healthy, and great for the waistline.
- It’s a rainbow of colors. As pretty as it is delish.
- The dressing. The dressing. The dressing.
Sweet, Tangy, With bit of kick
The dressing of this Crispy Thai Salad is ridiculously delicious.
The marriage of sweet, tangy, spicy, and salty flavors come together to create a mouthwatering taste sensation. Zero oil, yet 100% flavorful.
You’ll want extra dressing to keep for all the salads.
That wasn’t as brief as I was shooting for, but I’m done now.
Feel free to go crunch away.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Crunchy Thai Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 large roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 large cucumber; peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 ripe mango, julieneed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup fresh mint, loosely packed
- ½ cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts or cashews
- Make the Dressing ahead of time: Add all dressing ingredients into a blender (or immersion hand blender) and blend until mixture is mostly liquid (small chunks are fine.) Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for the nuts. Gently toss in desired amount of prepared dressing. Divide into individual plates and sprinkle nuts over the top. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Clean & Crispy…