Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This Kale, Brussels, and Cranberry Salad is simply delightful. It boasts a lemony honey mustard dressing, drizzled over crispy greens and almonds. This mixture stays crispy, so you can make it ahead of time.
Today, we dragged our post-holiday feet back into the regularly scheduled routine of work-school-sports-more work.
Hello, Real Life.
Like many of you, we went from days of lazy holiday mornings to uptight alarm clocks blasting us awake before 6am. And, like many, we marched from too many days of cookies and cocktails straight into January’s veggie world.
Thankfully, greens like kale and brussels sprouts can actually taste yummy. Really and truly.
We noshed on this Kale, Brussels, and Cranberry Salad throughout the holidays just to balance things out and ended up loving this mixture of crispy goodness so much that it went right into my Keeper Files.
If earning a permanent spot in the Keeper Files isn’t enough, this might be the deal sealer: This salad is totally make-ahead friendly.
What salad has time on their side? Not many.
I make this salad hours ahead of time and keep it chilled until ready to serve. No worrying about last-minute assembly of all the parts.
With this Kale, Brussels, and Cranberry Salad, the flavors meld together beautifully with the sweet ‘n tangy dressing, actually getting better with time.
Here’s to brussels sprouts that you actually want to eat.
Kale, Brussels, and Cranberry Salad
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TB pure honey
- 2 TB whole grain mustard, with seeds in it
- 2 TB onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves, no stems
- 2 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts, no stems
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted/salted almonds, roughly chopped
- Make the Dressing ahead of time: Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine well. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Cover and chill.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the kale, brussels sprouts, cranberries, and parmesan cheese. Cover and chill until ready to serve (can be done several hours ahead of time.)
- Up to an hour before serving, toss dressing with kale mixture until well combined. Cover and keep chilled or at room temp until serving. When ready to serve, give salad a toss again, and sprinkle with roasted almonds.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, inspired by Bon Appetit
Salad You Actually Want to Eat…