Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
Healthy, flavorful and supremely tender chicken…all easily done in the Crock Pot. It’s ideal for busy nights, gatherings, and meal prep.
In This Article
Salsa Chicken in the Slow Cooker
I’m a dance show fan, but I’ve never watched any of the Step Up movies until I realized how quickly time passes on the treadmill with those flicks. The storylines are nil and it’s all predictable, but the feisty music is perfect for taking my mind off the fact that the windchill isn’t letting me bring my sneaks outside. Sometimes a girl just needs a bit of flavor and spice…
Flavor and spice. That’s exactly what you’ll get with this Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. It’s shining with bright and bold flavors; it’s also amazingly healthy.
Dishes like this salsa chicken are destined for everything from busy weeknights to casual gatherings to easy meal prep.
Make the most of your Crock Pot
I am such an admirer of meals like this one. Shockingly easy, wonderfully delicious, and a crowd pleaser. If you’ve got hungry eaters, or you’re using this recipe for meal prep, feel free to double up on it. To keep things interesting, serve salsa chicken a few different ways throughout the week.
Family and friends will adore this salsa chicken for making their own rice bowls, tacos, or burritos. I personally love mixing it into a Mexican style salad, and it’s no loss of elbow grease for me. Win win.
You basically toss everything into your lovely Crock Pot. Set it and forget it. Go on with your day. Do some work, make your calls, watch a dance show, whatevs.
Six hours later, you’ll be rewarded with the most tender and scrumptious salsa chicken you’ve ever sunk your teeth into.
Supremely tender and juicy
This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is scrumptious by the forkful, wonderful in and of itself. Use either chicken breasts or thighs; since it’s basically simmered in a salsa mixture, it cooks up juicy and tender.
Ways to Serve Salsa Chicken
- Pile salsa chicken onto tortillas for a delish taco or burrito.
- Ladle it over brown rice or white rice, for a mouthwatering burrito bowl
- This salsa chicken is so flavorful in bowl of mixed greens, you don’t even need dressing if you want to keep it extra healthy.
There is no wrong way to devour your salsa chicken.
Easy Meals to Cook and Eat:
- Easy Healthy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
- Thai Chicken and Rice (One Pan Meal Prep)
- Healthy Chicken Chili in 30 Minutes
Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 24 oz salsa, your favorite brand, or homemade
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 14.5 oz black beans, drained, from a can
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional for Serving: freshly sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, lime wedges, extra salsa
- Cook Chicken: Towel dry chicken pieces. Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground cumin together. Spoon over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours if chicken is defrosted, 8 hours for frozen chicken.
- Shred and Season: 1 hour prior to finish, remove chicken and shred with forks. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker along with corn and beans. Finish cooking for the last 1 hour. If needed, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa chicken with your choice of toppings, with extra salsa on the side if desired.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Crock Pot meals that make weeknights a Breeze!
1. Slow Cooker Roast Chicken. This is like a Crock Pot miracle. You won’t believe this fall-off-the-bone tender chicken came out of your slow cooker.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Teryiaki. Easy peasy, tender, delish teri chicken is yours. Perfect for busy weeknights.
3. Slow Cooker Pork Loin. Pork Loin has never been easier or more tender, with this slow cooker version. It’s brimming with flavor!
4. Slow Cooker Chili with Black Beans and Corn. You can’t talk Crock Pot without bringing on the chili. This one is chunky, hearty, flavorful, and crowd pleasing.