Healthy, flavorful and supremely tender chicken…all easily done in the Crock Pot? Yes, yes it can be done. This Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken may well become a weekly thing.
I’ll confess I just watched the Step Up movies. Try not to judge. It’s late-March and we just got a douse of snow. I need some high energy entertainment to keep me logging miles on the dreadmill. I’ve said it before; its a love-hate relationship with my ‘mill.
I’m a dance show fan, but I’ve never watched any of the Step Up movies until I realized how quickly time passes when I run to those hyper DVD’s. The storylines are nil and it’s all predictable, but the feisty music is perfect for taking my mind off the fact that the windchill isn’t letting me bring my sneaks outside.
To hubby’s chagrin, I’ve never outgrown silly teenybopper movies. I can’t wait to rent the last Step Up flick. Sometimes a girl just needs a bit of flavor and spice…
Flavor and spice. That’s exactly what you’ll get with this Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. It’s shining with bright and bold flavors; it’s also amazingly healthy.
I am such an admirer of meals like this one. Shockingly easy, wonderfully delicious, and a crowd pleaser.
The family craves this dish and it’s no loss of elbow grease for me. Win win.
You basically toss everything into your lovely Crock Pot.
Set it and forget it. Go on with your day. Do some work, make your calls, watch a dance show, whatevs.
Six hours later, you’ll be rewarded with the most tender and scrumptious salsa chicken you’ve ever sunk your teeth into.
This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is scrumptious by the forkful, wonderful in and of itself.
The Littles like to pile salsa chicken onto tortillas for a delish taco or burrito. Hubby enjoys his salsa chicken slathered over brown or white rice, for a mouthwatering burrito bowl. I love tossing salsa chicken into a bowl of mixed greens and making a satisfying salad out of it.
There is no wrong way to devour your salsa chicken.
I’d love to hear how y’all end up using this versatile salsa chicken for your own family.
This healthy Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is incredibly flavorful, tender, and versatile. Serve it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or in a bowl over rice. It’s destined to become a family favorite.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 oz your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Towel dry chicken pieces. Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix salsa and spices together. Spoon over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours if chicken is defrosted, 8 hours for frozen chicken.
- hour prior to finish, remove chicken and shred with forks. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker along with corn and beans. Finish cooking for the last 1 hour. If needed, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa chicken with your choice of toppings (avocado, shredded cheddar, etc.) over rice or tortillas for tacos or burritos.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few other favorite Crock Pot meals that make weeknights a delicious breeze!
1. Slow Cooker Roast Chicken. This is like a Crock Pot miracle. You won’t believe this fall-off-the-bone tender chicken came out of your slow cooker.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Teryiaki. Easy peasy, tender, delish teri chicken is yours. Perfect for busy weeknights.
3. Slow Cooker Pork Loin. Pork Loin has never been easier or more tender, with this slow cooker version. It’s brimming with flavor!
4. Slow Cooker Chili with Black Beans and Corn. You can’t talk Crock Pot without bringing on the chili. This one is chunky, hearty, flavorful, and crowd pleasing.