This Easy, Healthy Chicken Piccata Recipe isn’t just another chicken dinner recipe. Chicken Piccata is an intensely flavorful dish with sauteéd lemons and garlic. This is an Italian chicken recipe you’ll want to add to your dinner rotation now.
If your regular chicken dinner routine craves a spunky jazz-up, then come on over.
As is our motto, we’re making something that tastes extraordinary using ordinary ingredients. Simple yet scrumptious. Please do join us.
It’s easy to get into a rut with humdrum chicken recipes when schedules keep us hustling on our toes all week long. That’s the story of my meal-life. I know it’s time for some zest in our dinner routine when I get no lively responses at my proclamation that we’re having chicken for dinner.
Thankfully, it’s totally easy to sprinkle some spunk into an otherwise average chicken meal with the addition of a few simple ingredients. Sauteéd Lemon Slices + Capers, we’re looking at you…
This Chicken Piccata recipe is made up of a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. I’d normally only need to buy some capers in order for this dish to happen, but I serendipitously found an unopened jar of capers sitting in the back of my pantry. Me and Piccata were meant to be on this day.
Besides the briny kick of capers, this Chicken Piccata is intensely flavored with plenty of garlic, onion, and fresh lemon slices that are sauteéd until gloriously browned. It’s a winning combination that results in tender, luscious chicken in a single pan. There’s plenty of sauce for dipping this rustic rosemary bread into, or you can serve all the goodness over this super easy spaghetti aglio e olio.
Our people gobble Piccata up no matter how we serve it, hook line and sinker.
Go ahead – jazz up your weeknight chicken dinner. Enjoy.
You’ll probably really like this recipe, too:Print
This Easy, Healthy Chicken Piccata Recipe isn’t just another chicken dinner recipe. Chicken Piccata is an deliciously intense with flavorful dish with sauteéd lemons and garlic. This is an Italian chicken recipe you’ll want to add to your dinner rotation now.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup regular chicken broth
- 1 TB capers, drained
- 1 TB salted butter
- kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: freshly chopped parsley
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound to even thickness. Use paper towels to dab off excess moisture from chicken.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with a thin layer of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides. Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat each piece of chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In an extra large skillet, heat 2 TB olive oil over medium high heat until oil is hot. Add chicken to skillet (cook in batches if needed, to avoid overcrowding.) Cook for 2-3 minutes of each side or until no longer pink in center; don’t overcook. Use tongs to transfer chicken to a separate plate; keep warm.
- Without cleaning the skillet out, add 1 TB olive oil to same skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic, stirring 1-2 min until fragrant. Add lemon juice and lemon slices, scraping pan if needed to loosen any browned bits. Cook until lemon slices are nicely browned. Add broth, capers and butter, stirring just until butter melts. Pour lemon mixture over chicken and serve. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
Feeding the Soul:
Extraordinary Chicken Dinners using Ordinary Ingredients:
4. Chicken Shawarma (Whole 30 and Paleo compliant):