These are the fluffiest soft waffles ever. Nobody realizes these are made with wholesome whole wheat. Healthy and totally delish. Hello, Morning!
Happy Weekend, Everyone!
It’s time for waffles, waffles, waffles 🙂
Wheat waffles at that. These are so fluffy, soft, luscious…nobody will know they’ve got whole grain all over and within ’em.
They’re the perfect vehicle for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and just berries.
Stabilized whipped cream, powdered sugar, and syrup are optional but not really…
About five years ago, The Littles and I gave Hubby a waffle iron for Father’s Day.
And every since then, we bust out and fix sky high stacks of waffles every Father’s Day. Plus whenever the waffle craving hits.
Waffle craving. It’s a thing.
If you don’t have a waffle iron, it’s sooo worth the teensy investment. For about thirty bucks, you can have unbeatable homemade waffles anytime you want.
And trust, there is nothing like homemade waffles. Even restaurant waffles can’t beat the steaming hot, crispy yet tender waffles emerging from your own iron.
These ain’t your Leggo my Eggo pop ups. Not that I’m judging, ’cause I’ve totally done the Eggo thing before.
But let’s keep it real. Homemade waffles are simply beyond compare. Matchless. Peerless. Second to none.
You get it. Now, go get it.Print
These are the fluffiest waffles ever! They’re crispy on the edges and tender on the inside, and 120% scrumptious! Nobody will guess they’re made of healthy whole grains. It’s worth getting a waffle iron just for these babies.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 TB packed brown sugar
- 1 TB granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes on medium high. Using a hand whisk, gently whisk in all ingredients, except for the flours, until incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in both flours just until no flour streaks remain. Don’t overmix.
- Lightly grease hot waffle iron with cooking spray and pour appropriate amount of batter onto hot waffle iron, according to manufacturer’s instruction (generally: fill to iron to two-thirds full, close it to cook, and open when steam stops being emitted.) Allow waffle to cook until golden and crispy on the edges. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing the iron each time. Serve warm with stabilized whipped cream, berries, and your choice of syrup.
- Note: Batter can be made the night before, covered, and chilled. Gently stir before using.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few other morning favorites to start the weekend off right!
1. Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes. Not just for fall anymore. These are the fluffiest, most tantalizing pumpkin pancakes you’ll ever sink your teeth into!
2. Fluffy Funfetti Pancakes. Perfect for that birthday boy, girl, man, woman, or yourself! Super fluffy, lightly sweet, and incredibly fun.
3. Cinnamon Rolls. These are the bomb. I could have lathered them with tons of icing, but they are THAT good all by themselves. Sooo soft, they literally melt in your mouth.
4. Easy Pull Apart Stick Buns. Easy peasy, perfect way to wake up in the morning. Always a family favorite.
5. White Chocolate Raspberry Scones. My personal favorite scones of all time. These are amazingly moist, not at all dry, and stay that way for days. Yumalicious.
Thanks so much for coming over today. We’d love to be friends on FaceBook! You’ll get the newest recipes, helpful kitchen tips to make your life easier, and see our giveaways! Our current giveaway is this $100 Visa Gift Card.