These Fluffy Belgian Waffles are superbly thick and fluffy. Golden, mouthwatering, and perfect for any weekend breakfast or brunch.
Happy August, Everyone! I can’t believe it’s already August.
We recently returned from our first 10-hour road trip to South Dakota. We were like mega tourists with our camera and backpacks. We got all adventurous in the Black Hills, meandering through Custer State Park and Mt. Rushmore. It was simply gorgeous.
There’s no eye candy like the great outdoors. Difficult hikes up rocky terrains in the summer heat = totally worth it = breathtaking beauty ⇓
The Littles shocked me at how well they navigated the tricky terrain of the wilderness. They were rewarded with coming face to face with huge elk and other wildlife like they’ve never seen.
As if that weren’t fun enough, our family flew in from Cali to hang with us last week. The Littles embraced every minute of entertaining their little cousins here in our Twin Cities stomping grounds. We finally got to show off our beautiful summer in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
I super-duper wanted to take my mom and my brother’s family berry picking at our fantastic local farms. But alas, the berry picking season has come to an early end. Bummers.
Just a few weeks ago, strawberries were aplenty and the farms were bursting with them. Hubby, the boys, and myself went berry crazy; we brought home a minivan full of lush, ripe, red, juicy berries.
Let’s just savor a moment of silence over these fluffy Belgian waffles.
Golden, slightly crispy edges, fluffy on the inside, and melt-in-your-mouth.
Simply divine fresh off the waffle iron. It’s perfection with a layer of freshly sliced strawberries on top and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Or pure maple syrup, if that’s your jam.
These Fluffy Belgian Waffles are made with a sweetened batter, so they’re tantalizing just as they are. Just serve ’em up with some berries and you’re good to go. One bite of these homemade waffles and you’ll totally leggo of those Eggos.
Oh, hey, don’t forget to try for the FREE Shutterfly Giveaway below ↓↓Print
These fluffy Belgian Waffles are easy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! With a sweet batter, they don’t need any garnish except some juicy fresh berries when finished.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For garnish: plenty of sliced fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla to the yolks. Mix well until combined. Stir yolk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, just until combined. Using an electric mixer and a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use rubber spatula to gently fold the stiff egg whites into waffle batter, just until combined. Do not over mix. Let batter rest 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle iron.
- Cook waffles in heated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions, until waffles are golden. Serve with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Taste of Home
In honor of breakfast and memory-making, we’re offering a FREE Personalized Coffee Mug, courtesy of Shutterfly. Customize your favorite coffee mug with your favorite photos and memories. Keep it for yourself or make it a fun gift.
You’ve got 5 separate chances to win a personalized mug. Each comment is a separate entry:
Open to U.S. addresses. First and last name, with valid email address are required to enter. Giveaway ends September 3, 2015 at midnight, central time. One winner with valid entry will be chosen via randomly generated number, out of all of the qualified entries submitted. Winner will be contacted via email. Winner will have 72 hours to respond. Thereafter, an alternate winner will be notified.