This is one scrumptious breakfast casserole! This Hash Brown Tomato Breakfast Casserole is chock full of morning favorites, baked into one unbelievably tantalizing casserole. Perfect for weekends and holidays.
Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week. After the morning rush, it’s the day I get to refuel.
Once The Littles are off to school, it’s my day to relish. And relish it, I do. Every single minute of it.
I get to soak in Wednesday mornings with a group of remarkable, faith filled women. We have the amazing privilege of doing life and learning together.
Whether it’s learning about ourselves as moms, wives, daughters, or friends…it’s so much fun tackling it all together.
There’s coffee, authentic friendship, laughter, tears, and always food…
Whenever I make breakfast casseroles, I think of Wednesday mornings. Somehow, most events are tied with food in my brain. To be fair, breakfast casseroles frequently appear next to all the pastries and coffee.
I also can’t help but notice it because I’m a breakfast casserole freak. Anything that’s got tons of savory goodness combined into one baked dish is begging to jump on my plate.
My whole family is fanatical about hearty breakfast casseroles. When I don my Nice Mom hat, I make them breakfast for dinner.
This Hash Brown and Tomato Breakfast Casserole is easy peasy, 120% delicious, and pretty much will melt your favorite peoples’ hearts.
Or tummies. We think they (and you) will adore this mouthwatering dish as much as we do.
Because this. Hash brown patties. We’re going down a good path already.
Add in fresh leaves of spinach. Even if you have non-spinach fans, they’ll forgive you for this because the baby spinach softens all up and lets the other flavors shine.
Meaning you can’t really taste it. Unless you want to. In which case, feel free to add more spinach. Not one of my Littles noticed the spinach this time, so I’m upping it next time ‘cuz Hubby and I love our greens.
Layer on the scrumptious breakfast sausage. Browned, seasoned, oh-so-good.
Throw on the cheese. Always the melty cheese.
Pour in the creamy egg mixture. Somehow, I don’t know how, it all gets wonderfully soaked into the casserole.
Layer on the beautiful red tomatoes. Followed by more cheese, if you like. Who doesn’t like?
By the way, when one of my boys saw the tomatoes, he doubtfully questioned the edibleness of this dish. Then he took a bite and scarfed his entire plate away in, oh, 30 seconds maybe.
Seconds and thirds got dished out to every kid. Win.
Soft, tender potatoes enveloped in cheesy goodness. Savory browned sausage. Roasted tomatoes on top. Easy, pretty, and totally satisfying.
Most importantly, it’s deeelish. The bottoms and sides get nicely browned, which earns bonus points.
Breakfast, brunch, dinner… it’s served. Enjoy!Print
This Hash Brown Tomato Breakfast Casserole is chock full of morning favorites, all baked up into one fabulous dish. Perfect for brunch, potlucks, and even breakfast for dessert.
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, torn up (more if you like)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (no casings) crumbled and browned
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tsp table salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- Layer the hash brown patties into bottom of dish. Layer the spinach evenly over potatoes, followed by the browned sausage. Layer 2 cups of cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over casserole mix and pat down the mixture to even it all out and ensure even soaking of egg mixture.
- Top evenly with sliced tomatoes, followed by remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Top with parsley flakes, if desired.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center shows no uncooked egg mixture on it. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few more of my favorite breakfast casseroles. We think you’ll love the results!
1. Cheesy Potato Breakfast Bake. This is a fail-proof winner every single time. Make it for a crowd.
2. Enchilada Breakfast Casserole. Want to bring something different but 100% delicious to your next brunch? This is IT. I get recipe requests every time.
3. English Muffin Breakfast Bake. Use English muffins instead of bread, for a little twist on a delicious breakfast dish.
4. I’d be remiss not to shout out this French Toast Casserole with Streusel. Because it is by far the favorite sweet breakfast treat I bring anywhere.
5. But then there’s the pin-fave Texas French Toast. There’s good reason why this recipe has become all the rage.