I grew up in a kitchen where the fridge always showcased a prolific amount of hot sauces. My dad was the self-proclaimed King of Spice. His garden invariably boasted an abundance of hot peppers. All shapes, sizes, and colors – you name it, he grew it. A plethora of hot sauces was created out of those homegrown peppers. In addition to the DYI variety, Dad also kept an ample supply of store bought versions, like the currently popular Sriracha.
Dad would consider Sriracha on the very mild side of the spice scale. But for me, it contains the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and kick. Because Dad didn’t encourage us kids to emulate his palate, I am good with just a bit of kick when needed. A couple bottles of Sriracha and Tabasco keeps us plenty happy.
Relevant side note: Hubby drowns his pho in Sriracha – yes, he’s that type of pho eater. Our boys have somehow grown to appreciate a hint of heat in certain dishes, all on their own. Which is why I like creating food with a little kick once in awhile.
This Peanut Sesame Noodles with Sriracha is a home run around here. People tell me it’s a winner in their homes as well. This time I decided to fire up our chicken wings with this Honey Sriracha sauce. Wow. Just wow. This is a-ma-zing!
These Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings leaves us no leftovers. Not even one little piece remaining. This stuff is simply awesome. The Honey Sriracha sauce is sweet, spicy, gooey, and seriously finger lickin’ great. The chicken is first baked to crisp perfection. Then the luscious sauce is poured over the crispy chicken wings.
These chicken wings are easy enough for weeknights, yet tasty enough for any weekend party. Don’t lose this recipe.
Kick it up and enjoy!Print
These honey sriracha chicken wings are the perfect balance of sweet ‘n spicy. They are crispy and gooey at the same time. Don’t expect leftovers.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken wings, split, no tips
- 2 TB butter
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp kosher/coarse salt
- For the Sauce:
- 5 TB butter
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (use less if you want it mild)
- 1 TB regular soy sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on upper middle position. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Dry chicken wings with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine oil, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Pour mixture over dried wings, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- Place wings in single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Bake 45-50 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- While chicken is baking, make the sauce. In a small pot, melt butter. Add rest of sauce ingredients, constantly stirring, until mixture starts to bubble. Immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer baked wings to a large bowl. Pour as much sauce as desired over wings, tossing to coat well.
- Serve immediately while chicken is crisp.
- Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Source: Chew Out Loud, inspired by Food Network Magazine