In This Article
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
I took one look at tomorrow’s forecasted high of 1ºF and decided to get my outdoor run completed today instead. Because today was a balmy high of 5ºF and I’d be crazy to waste that kind of warmth. I brought Bulldog along since he’s been going stir crazy.
The number of times Bulldog suddenly halted me mid-run to do his business = 5
The number of times my frozen fingers dropped Bulldog’s leash = 3
The number of times I tripped over Bulldog’s leash and fell = 1
The number of times I saw another human being outside = 0
Clearly, I’m not bringing Bulldog next time. And I’m apparently the only wacky person who deliberately chose to step outside.
Everyone has been hunkering down and staying cozy these past 2 weeks when Minneapolis turned into City of Polar Vortex. I obviously miss California on days like this. But. The silver linings: lavender scented candles, warm fleece slippers, and this utterly comforting Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
Whenever the cold weather hits, I’m all about comforting slow cookers meals or bumping up the oven to warm up the house.
I love my Crock-Pot’s ability to make the house smell amazing as it slowly cooks our dinner all by itself. This Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is basically hands-off after you toss all the goodness in the slow cooker. Set it, forget it, and eat it later.
This beef stroganoff is intensely flavorful, supremely tender, and blankets all with comfort.
Plus, this is a pretty healthy meal to start the year off right. Serve this slow cooker beef stroganoff over egg noodles, GF noodles, rice, or some crusty French bread.
Here’s to warmer days ahead and beef stroganoff til then.
Also Try This Chicken Marsala:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 3 TB butter
- 1 onion, medium sized, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10.75 oz French onion soup, canned
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese, plain, whole, fully softened
- 8 oz Greek whole plain yogurt
- Freshly chopped parsley or chives for garnish
Serve with buttered egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice
- In a large pan, heat butter over medium high heat just until hot. Add onion and garlic, stirring until translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add beef, kosher salt, and black pepper; sauté 2-3 minutes or until beef is just browned on the exterior.
- Transfer beef mixture into slow cooker. Add French onion soup and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low 5 hours or just until beef is tender.
- Soften cream cheese by microwaving it in a bowl for 30 seconds at a time, until it is fully soft. Stir to ensure it is completely smooth. Very gently stir smooth cream cheese and Greek yogurt into the beef stroganoff (don’t over-stir, as this may cause tender beef to break apart.) Cover and continue to cook on low another 30-60 min. Gently spoon beef and sauces over noodles or rice of your choice. Garnish as desired.