This BLT Tortellini is mouthwatering, with savory bacon, crispy romaine, and sweet grape tomatoes. It’s easy and delicious, making this dish a fabulous weeknight meal. A perfect addition to your picnic spread or backyard barbeque.
We’re finally nearing home stretch in baseball season. It’s been a tricky and tiring season to field, with all three boys in the league this year. Crazy as it is, I do it because it’s not really an option for us to have the boys in sports, all year round. I was blessed with an active bunch; my busy little dudes will either crush it out on the fields…or rip up my living room. I prefer the former.
I must admit I enjoy watching the boys grow through their seasons of baseball, soccer, basketball, and swim. (We quit ice hockey because it’s like the price of a car payment, yo.)
There’s something pretty awesome about being part of a team; teamwork, respect for the coaches, and seeing your hard work pay off makes it all worthwhile. The kids learn to work with their strengths and weaknesses and not give up. It’s life lessons, right there on the humble dandelion fields.
Plus, it gives us a reason to breathe in the outdoors every single day. Minnesotan summers are too short and beeeeaautiful…
Speaking of summer, it’s bizarre how the sun rises way early and sets super late around here, yet I still find myself with not enough time to do allthethings. I’m still rushing to get dinner on the table. What gives?
So yesterday, or maybe it was the day before, I can’t remember – summer chillaxes my brain – I found myself rushing around and getting home at dinnertime. With no dinner anywhere near the table.
Thankfully, Hubby got my frenzied text earlier. The man had cooked up some bacon, all crispy and pretty. That’s all I needed.
It literally took about 15 minutes for this BLT Tortellini to make its way onto the dinner table. It’s that easy. I’ve never been more thankful for frozen tortellini. I like to keep frozen tortellini and ravioli in my freezer for dinner emergencies. Feel free to use fresh tortellini if you like, of course.
With players such as savory crispy bacon, fresh romaine lettuce, and sweet gape tomatoes… you simply cannot go wrong. Add plenty of garlic and fresh Parm, and you’ll have a sensational meal on your plate in no time.
Even The Littles scarfed their BLT tortellini down in a hustle.
Home run. Enjoy.Print
This BLT Tortellini is mouthwatering with savory bacon, crispy romaine, and sweet grape tomatoes. It’s super easy; perfect for a spring/summer weeknight meal. Great for picnics, cookouts, or parties, too.
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled, 1 TB bacon grease reserved
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 lb frozen or fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Bring a large heavy pot of well-salted water to a boil. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet until hot. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook another minute, stirring gently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add tortellini (from frozen or fresh) to boiling water and cook until tender, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain out the rest.
- Return cooked tortellini to the empty pot. Add the 1 TB bacon grease, cooked bacon, and tomato mixture. Add chopped romaine and freshly grated Parmesan. Add 1/4 tsp kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss gently to combine well. Add as much of the reserved pasta water as needed to adjust consistency as needed. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temp immediately with extra Parmesan.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few other quick and delish pasta favorites for busy weeknights:
1. Creamy Bruscetta Pasta. Tomatoes and basil and plenty of Parm. Toothsome, easy, delicious for any night of the week; a people pleaser.
2. Caesar Pasta Salad. In the mood for a light meal with plenty of veggies, crispy croutons, and chewy pasta? Look no further.
3. Creamy Tomato and Sausage Pasta. So easy and tasty; the whole family (and friends, if you’re feeling generous) will love this.
4. Chicken Florentine Pesto Pasta. Everyone I’ve shared this one with has loved it. It’s healthy, flavorful, and will quickly become a hit.