There’s a time and place for everything.
Like, there’s definitely a time for the most Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies that are unapologetically indulgent by nature.
Then, there are all those other times. Like when you’re hustling all over the place with The To-Do’s and barely have time to make a meal. Times when you need easy, healthy fuel for the midday slump or protein-packed workout energy.
Not to mention the daily lunchbox drill. Or road trip snacks, when our bodies need something more nutritious than candy bars.
Those are all the moments for these 15-Minute Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars.
These Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars are packed with protein, antioxidants, fiber, and natural sweetness. Nothing artificial, no refined sugar, and gluten-free. Get ready for some clean, wholesome snacking…
These 15-Minute Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars are perfect for on-the-go fueling.
I love, love that they boast good fats that our bodies need: avocado, nuts, seeds, and coconut. All in one powerful little package.
The avocado is our surprise ingredient here, as basically nobody ever guesses an avocado ever touched this.
These nutrient-dense bars are sweetened only with dates (unless you want to sprinkle in some chocolate chips, which nobody will complain about.) These are reminiscent of Lara Bars, but even more wholesomely loaded and at a fraction of the cost.
Here’s to all the times and places that call for avocado and chocolate.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
15-Minute Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars (Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar)
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups toasted chopped nuts, i.e., pecans, almonds, etc.
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- ½ cup dry chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- Optional: 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Line a 8×8 pan with foil, leaving enough extra foil around edges to create and overhang to help with easy removal. Grease lightly with your choice of oil (olive oil spray, coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
- In a food processor, add the dates, avocado, and 1 cup nuts, reserving 1/2 cup nuts for later. Pulse until mixture comes together and sticks; you may have to scrape down the sides. Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, and coconut. Pulse until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the reserved 1/2 cup nuts. Stir in chocolate chips, if using. Mixture will be sticky and thick. Press mixture evenly into your prepared pan. Top with extra coconut and lightly press in. Cover and chill until firm enough to cut into bars. Keep bars airtight and chilled until ready to eat.