Pumpkin Bars Recipe
With three boys and a bulldog all growing up way too rapidly, this season of our lives is a flurry of activities that keeps time running at full tilt. I know I’m overcommitted when I drag the family to teacher conferences on the wrong night and wonder why the rooms are closed. #reallife
Despite our looney schedule, we’re making an effort to slow down and focus on gratefulness everyday. Ever since I fell in love with One Thousand Gifts, I’ve mentioned it every year because it can’t not inspire whoever dares to read it.
And since we’re talking gratefulness, I’m taking this moment to tell you that I’m genuinely thankful for you. Whether you’re a long-time reader, a new subscriber, or you just happened upon this post today via Pinterest…you are a blessing. 🌸 Thank you for being here 🌸
Without further ado, we’re paying homage to our final pumpkin recipe this season with these irresistible Double Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting today…
Double the pumpkin in These PUmpkin Bars
These Double Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are aptly dubbed double because we super-sized the pumpkin goodness in these luscious bars.
This is how these Pumpkin Bars are going down:
- They’re double packed with real pumpkin so you can actually taste the pumpkin
- They’re super moist, like a super moist brownie-cake in the body of a bar
- They’re way easy to make and freeze well to boot
- They’re joyfully loaded with plenty of fall spices
4-Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting
Oh yeah, these Double Pumpkin Bars are merrily drizzled with cream cheese frosting.
More specifically, our favorite 4-ingredient cream cheese frosting that’s the epitome of easy frostings. It simply can’t be beat. Though the pumpkin bars can technically go sans frosting, please make the frosting. 😇
It makes these pumpkin bars incredible.
Here’s to counting our blessings, big and small.
Double Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, very soft
- 2 TB salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl with hand whisk, whisk together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Cover and set aside at moderate room temp (or chill) until ready to use. If you chill it, be sure to let it soften at room temp before using it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, and pumpkin by hand until smooth. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into a 12×15 inch rimmed baking pan/jellyroll pan. Bake about 23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean; don’t over bake. Cool completely. Slice into bars and either drizzle or spread cream cheese frosting onto individual bars as desired (it can be hard to slice frosted bars.)
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram