Your search for the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe ends here. This is hands-down the best pumpkin pie recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen. You have to taste it for yourself.
Happy Halloween, Friends.
So I promised we’d be back to all things pumpkin this week, and I’m here to deliver on that. Never break a promise 😉
We’re doing it Go Big or Go Home style with today’s recipe – we’re Going Big, of course. You’ve already loved on these pumpkin snickerdoodles and pumpkin pie coffeecake (huzzah, pumpkin for breakfast!)
Today we’re going back to the classics: pumpkin pie. Actually, the best pumpkin pie recipe that’s been kitchen tested and re-tested.
Everyone’s got a favorite pumpkin pie recipe. We’ve devoured our share of pumpkin pies, from restaurants to bakeries to homemade pies. We’ve baked more than our share of pies.
We’re here to confirm that this mouthwatering version adapted from American’s Test Kitchen is indeed the best pumpkin pie recipe ever…
Pumpkin Pie Surprise Ingredient
We start off with all the goodness of pure, whole ingredients like milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, and of course plenty of pumpkin.
As always, we’re not shy with the autumn spices. Pour in the maple syrup and sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Guaranteed, your house will smell simply delicious.
The surprise ingredient here is the inclusion of canned sweet yams. For reals and really. It helps create a wonderfully balanced texture and flavor that can’t be beat. You’ll pretty much go half-half with the pumpkin and yams. The result is nothing short of marvelous.
The only thing is, as with most pies: you have to let it cool completely to fully set. Yes, that means people can’t dig in when they see your perfect pumpkin pie coming out of the oven. Stand your ground and make them wait until your pie has fully cooled and set. Once it’s at room temp, you can keep it chilled until ready to serve.
Why you’ll love this pie
- It’s thick, velvety, rich, and smooth
- It’s loaded with plenty of fall spices so every bite is bursting with flavor
- The yams provide a boost of flavor and texture that can’t be beat
- Only pure, whole ingredients go into this pie
- You can make this perfect pumpkin pie ahead of time; just chill and serve
- The flaky butter crust is incredible.
Here’s to Going Big with a thick slice of luscious, smooth, velvety best pumpkin pie.
With flaky, tender, all-butter crust if you dare. Enjoy.
You’ll Probably like this, too:Print
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
All the Pretty Pumpkins:
- The BEST ever New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake – they’ll claim it’s better than restaurants!
2. Pumpkin Pasties (Hand Pies) – these aren’t just for Potter fans.
3. Autumn Pumpkin Cornbread – such a great twist on an old favorite.
4. Pumpkin Spice Trifle – easy and feeds a huge crowd!