It’s wonderfully warm this summer, and that means one delicious thing for sure: fresh summer fruits! I’ve been diligently taking every opportunity to enjoy all the fresh fruits of the season. The kids know what’s for dessert every night: fruit! We’ve been on a strawberry binge. Farm fresh strawberries just can’t be beat.
Unless they are paired with chocolate. Or double chocolate.
I take the pure, basic route with these goodies. This is actually an adaption of Hubby’s perfectly cute tuxedo chocolate strawberries, which was the first treat he made for me when we started dating.
So good and so simple – it takes just three ingredients you might already have in your kitchen. The biggest challenge? Trying not to keep “tasting” the chocolate, as if I don’t remember what chocolate tastes like.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb fresh, ripe strawberries
- 10 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3-4 oz chopped white chocolate
- Wash and very gently dry the strawberries, keeping stems on. Set aside to finish air drying.
- Set dark chocolate in a glass or metal bowl, over saucepan of simmering water (bowl not touching water.) Stir frequently until chocolate is smooth and just melted. Don’t over cook, so the chocolate doesn’t seize up and thicken. Remove from heat once melted.
- Carefully dip each strawberry in dark chocolate, twisting to cover completely with chocolate. Set on parchment or wax paper on platter and put berries in fridge to set (about 30 min.)
- Repeat melting process for white chocolate. Using fork or toothpick, drizzle white chocolate over cooled chocolate strawberries. Return to fridge for at least an hour.