Summer nights are all about bonfires and roasting marshmallows well after sunset.
But it’s not always summer (silent tears.) This is something I’m trying to absorb, as Labor Day weekend signals the end of summer.
Sometimes it’s not feasible for a bunch of people to roast anything over an open fire. But y’all still crave s’mores.
These Potluck S’mores are crazy-easy, mess-free, and awesome for serving up a huge tray of goodness for a crowd.
They’re perfect for a party, they’re a party in your mouth, and we probably shoulda called these Party S’mores.
I just finished setting out a huge panful of these crispy, melty, gooey Potluck S’mores out for a group of friends.
The entire pan vanished in approximately 7.1 seconds.
No evidence of a single s’more remained.
Unless you count the chocolate-smeared faces of certain kiddos running all over the lawn.
We like our Potluck S’mores open-face style, so we can admire the toasty marshmallows resting on top of melty chocolate.
(Even though the chocolate looks like it’s still solid, that’s just a visual trick. The chocolate squares are gooey-melty the minute they touch your lips.)
Both kiddos and grown-ups were tickled happy upon sinking their teeth into these ooey-gooey melty yet crispy delights.
Here’s to a taste of summer anytime, any day, all year round.
How to Make Potluck S'mores (Easy & Mess-Free)
- 20 graham cracker squares, taken from 10 whole graham crackers
- 7 full size, 1.55 oz each milk chocolate bars, each bar divided into quarters
- 10 regular size marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
- Lay graham cracker squares down on a large baking sheet with rims. Top each square with a quarter of a chocolate bar (3 connected squares - trust us, it will be more than enough, as it gets melty.) Place marshmallow halves sticky side down on top of each s'more.
- Set pan on oven rack (upper-middle position.) Broil on high for 2 minutes, watching very carefully to ensure it doesn't burn. If needed, rotate the pan and broil on low 1 more minute to get a nice color on top. Serve warm.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here’s S’more Goodness…