If you’ve ever wanted both chewy brownies and chocolatey cookies, you’ll really appreciate these Chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies I’m sharing today. Reality is, I didn’t set out to make cookies that are reminiscent of chewy brownies. But when all was said and baked, that’s exactly what came out of my oven.
My boys and I are cookie monsters. Our favorites seem to change with the seasons, but we never turn down classic best-loved chocolate chip cookies or white chocolate macadamia cookies. Despite my cookie addiction, I vulnerably admit that I was never a fan of chocolate-chocolate chip cookies with cocoa in the batter. They always seemed tougher and drier than regular chocolate chip cookies. Looking back, it must have been that I simply never had the right one. That is the reason. Because these Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies have cocoa in the batter. And they get a Cookie of the Month award from me.
These Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are chocolate-chocolate chip cookies with extras. With cocoa in the batter, white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips, they are a triple threat for cookie lovers everywhere. Brownie fans will fall in love with these brownie-like cookies, with their thick and chewy bite. These dense yet soft cookies have a indulgently rich brownie feel; not cakey at all.
These Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies stay wonderfully soft for days, which is forever a plus. The brown sugar gives a depth of flavor and richness to the texture. Salted butter plus a dash of salt gives these sweet treats a delicious balance. I love white chocolate chips, so I used those in conjunction with milk chocolate chips, to offset the unsweetened cocoa in the batter. The result is phenomenal.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- In another large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until it's as fluffy as it can get, scraping sides down periodically; about 3-4 minutes. Add beaten eggs and beat just to combine.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until batter is completely moistened. Fold in all white/chocolate chips.
- Wrap and chill dough until firm enough to handle, about 30 min to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Set aside parchment-lined (or silicone-lined) baking sheets.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly, as these tend not to spread too much. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes. They'll seem a bit underdone, but will set up nicely when cool.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Food Network